Bad luck with the Radio Shack 1750L

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
TracySMiller

Bad luck with the Radio Shack 1750L

Post by TracySMiller »

I've had some bum luck with trying to add this chess computer to my collection. Twice I've won an auction for this thing with a reasonable amount. The first one arrived, powered up nicely, and then I found that about half of the holes (it's a peg unit) didn't respond. The seller was kind enough to issue a refund to me, and confessed that he/she didn't fully test it before selling it.

The second one arrived and I had no luck powering it up. I tried all sorts of different batteries, but no luck. Multiple resets of ACL didn't work. The seller claimed it powered up fine before he shipped it, but still agreed to a full refund.

I still have both units. Anything I can do to fix either unit?
mauben

Post by mauben »

I would be interested to in hearing about fixing ideas, as in my Saitek Travel Master 2100 a whole line of holes stopped working during a game and no acl or battery replacement or just waiting for the thing to settle down worked.

Best,

Mauro