Rev 2 underpromotion query

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Shaun

Rev 2 underpromotion query

Post by Shaun »

Hi All

Does anyone have problems under promoting when using Rev 2? In a tricky puzzle, Rev 2 needed to promote to a Knight. The machine recognised this crucial move straightaway - the entire line starting 'd8 N ...' was found and displayed in a moment (even on the default level) - very impressive - but it was impossible to reproduce this promotion on the board.

Best Wishes All
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi Shaun,

What Engine etc ?..... my Rev2 is permantly set up, so I can see if I can reproduce this ...

Cheers,

Al
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Morning Al

I'm running Hiarcs on version 3.14. I haven't upgraded as I don't really understand the process. Comments welcome!

Any further news from Square Off, btw?
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi Shaun,

You are quite correct, you have found a bug. When you replace the pawn with the knight, 2 corners flash and the piece is not recognised.

I tried this again on Stockfish 6 and it works perfectly, then I realised you don’t have this Engine, so I tried again with Baron 1.0, again it works fine.

I haven’t tried all Engines, but under promotion to a Knight does not complete on Hiarcs 14.1.

Cheers,

Al.