Revelation 2 leds

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
donkeylane

Revelation 2 leds

Post by donkeylane »

I don't know if anyone has experienced anything similar, but I have on my Rev 2 some rather irritating and sporadic flashing of leds on empty squares on the a rank,I hadn't used it for a few weeks, and before it was fine.It plays through the game with no problem,and when it is black to move, there is none of this random flashing,only when it is white to move.It does seem to affect the g1 and b1 squares the most.Regards Steve C.
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi Steve,

It’s not anything I’ve experienced, may I ask what version Your Rev2 is on?

Cheers,

Al.
donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

I'm still on version 3.14 Al,I didn't upgrade as I am more than satisfied by the playing strengths as they originally were when I purchased it, despite the upgrade to 3.21 being free. As I said there have been no problems prior to the few weeks I haven't used it,and playing through a game is no problem.Still I'll give it a while and see if it sorts itself out,I have now been using it for 5 consecutive day, and after 2 led glitch free days,it's started again.Regards Steve C.
donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

An update on the led situation. It seems to me, that not using the Rev 2 for a while has caused the random flashing on the a rank.I have just noticed, although maybe it's still debatable, that when the Rev announces a mate, and carries through to the mate,this does not occur, so I immediately ran another game between the Ruffian and the Exclusive, and it did not occur again in the entire game.I will carry out further games and see if that is an accurate assessment, maybe it's some sort of resetting mechanism, although if so,it does seem a little odd.Previously I had called an end to the game when the situation was lost but no mate had been announced or seen through ,and this flashing re occurred. Fingers crossed Steve C.
donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

Found out what the problem is. It is in fact interference caused by the Exclusive on my domestic electrical loop itself.Being as I had no problem playing engines on the Revelation itself against the R30, I hadn't even considered that.The much faster cpu must be the cause,there's no doubt about it, unplugging the Exclusive has sorted it out.Interested to know if anyone has the same experience. Phew Steve C.