Applied Concepts Great Game Machine

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
dereks314

Applied Concepts Great Game Machine

Post by dereks314 »

I recently bought a Great Game Machine with a Sargon cartiage and I'm looking for some assistance. I got the game with all the pieces but it was missing the power adapter, battery pack and manuals.

Could somebody tell me what the power rating of the adapter is? (I'm going to guess it is in the 9 to 12 volt range and about 1 to 1.2 amps, probably DC).

The battery pack because of the age could almost be anything. From pictures on the web it looks like it was a multi-cell pack with cells a little larger than AA. Does anybody know what type of cells it used and what their rating is?

And does anybody know of a link where I can find scanned in copies of the manuals? I found a Morphy manual but I'm not sure of the feature differences.

I tried getting touch with person that used to run the Great Game Machine website but I haven't heard back from him. Is he still around?
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Congrats ,

For sure u need a 9v power supply output AC! 500Ma
Order ref: 660.237UK
Power Max. 4.5W
weight 321g
So i did get mine power supply from ebay UK
Mercury is the brand

Here the Manual http://alain.zanchetta.free.fr/docs/App ... on25US.pdf

Good Luck
Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
dereks314

Post by dereks314 »

Thanks. I spent last night poking around the website and reading the manual.