"I am afraid your are not in the right track now...&

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

"I am afraid your are not in the right track now...&

Post by Fernando »

Do you remember Gambit soft? The one where kasparov is looking you all the time and when occasion arrives the photo becomes a video and Kasparov make a comment about the game in course. Fascinating and never imitated being, as it is, a great idea for people like me that love to play chess BUT also to get some extra kick from frills like that.
Now, some of you by chance remember the origin of this soft? I think comes from late Don Daily, but not sure about the history of the engine....lot lees I know his strength, though I believe based in my practice that in current hardware is about a 2200 player.

Fern
Festina Lente
CompDad

Post by CompDad »

Really good this game. I play it a lot in my android tablet, when I have some time to kill.

It was an Eletronics Art game, and the program was from Julio Kaplan, which had a company called Heuristics Software at the time, and the engine was called Socrates IIRC. From what I heard it was not very successful.

Other DOS software I like a lot is Bob Fischer teaches Chess.

Cheers
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

CompDad wrote:Really good this game. I play it a lot in my android tablet, when I have some time to kill.

It was an Eletronics Art game, and the program was from Julio Kaplan, which had a company called Heuristics Software at the time, and the engine was called Socrates IIRC. From what I heard it was not very successful.

Other DOS software I like a lot is Bob Fischer teaches Chess.

Cheers
I understand daily was the programmer, perhaps kaplan as adviser.
Full history I found in a place in Spanish, including the manual.
Festina Lente
CompDad

Post by CompDad »

Yes you are absolutely right, Don Dayley and Larry Kaufman are the authors of the program.

They created Komodo 20 years later.

Back to Gambit, after two matches I've just played, I start to think that Kasparov talks to much :D :D

Muting Kasparov regards
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

CompDad wrote:Yes you are absolutely right, Don Dayley and Larry Kaufman are the authors of the program.

They created Komodo 20 years later.

Back to Gambit, after two matches I've just played, I start to think that Kasparov talks to much :D :D

Muting Kasparov regards
Yes, he talks too much when he warns us we are doomed
Festina Lente