Mephisto PC Modul - how to check if it is working?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
jarek

Mephisto PC Modul - how to check if it is working?

Post by jarek »

Hello Chess Friends

how to check if a Mephisto PC Modul is working? (Or at least is not completely "dead").
Preferably without connecting it to PC (no unit with LPT port available at the moment).

If you plug the PC Modul to Modular (not Exclusive) board and turn it on, what should happen?
Should the lights flash/blink?
Should something appear on the LCD display?

Thank you for tips!
Jarek
xchessg

Re: Mephisto PC Modul - how to check if it is working?

Post by xchessg »

jarek wrote:Hello Chess Friends

how to check if a Mephisto PC Modul is working? (Or at least is not completely "dead").
Preferably without connecting it to PC (no unit with LPT port available at the moment).

If you plug the PC Modul to Modular (not Exclusive) board and turn it on, what should happen?
Should the lights flash/blink?
Should something appear on the LCD display?

Thank you for tips!
Jarek
Nothing happens with a PC Modul not connected to a PC, no leds blinking and no LCD works with it.

You'll need a win 98 PC.

Xavier
jarek

Post by jarek »

Thank you Xavier.

I connected the PC Modul to my Modular board - no leds blinking, nothing happens on the LCD display.

I connected it to my Windows 7 notebook (I have a LPT port in the docking station) but still no sign the PC Modul is "alive".

Perhaps I should change some settings in BIOS or in control panel?
or perhaps the LPT offered by my docking station does not offer all LPT functionalities?

thanks in advance for your comments!
Jarek