Problem with Game from a Given Position

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

fak119

Problem with Game from a Given Position

Post by fak119 »

How to do it...?

I have problems starting a game from a given position!
Even if I have set the Chess clock to a lengthy time, HIARCS "does not think" and gives an immediate response, thereby not calculating an alternative.
By clicking the green "Take back your last move" arrow it then might give a different solution, but again within under a second and not with the best result...

Using "Switch sides" does also not help.

How can I enclose a screenshot to emphasize this problem?

It should also be possible to go through a game step by step (starting from scratch) and then let HIARCS continue at a given position, with any speed as desired.

P.S. I just updated to the latest version (1.9.1 Deep)[/list][/fen]
herO

Re: Problem with Game from a Given Position

Post by herO »

fak119 wrote:How to do it...?

I have problems starting a game from a given position!
Even if I have set the Chess clock to a lengthy time, HIARCS "does not think" and gives an immediate response, thereby not calculating an alternative.
By clicking the green "Take back your last move" arrow it then might give a different solution, but again within under a second and not with the best result...

Using "Switch sides" does also not help.

How can I enclose a screenshot to emphasize this problem?

It should also be possible to go through a game step by step (starting from scratch) and then let HIARCS continue at a given position, with any speed as desired.

P.S. I just updated to the latest version (1.9.1 Deep)[/list][/fen]
It seems Hiarcs engine plays from an opening book. This is the reason, why Hiarcs engine replies immediately. Could you please post a FEN of your position?