I cannot access online books

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

herO

I cannot access online books

Post by herO »

I am not able to access GM++, tournament book, human reference book in HCE. Even If I restart application many times, I am only able to access local opening book. I have no problems with internet connection. Are servers offline?
Henryk

online acces

Post by Henryk »

I have the same diffuculties with opening GM++ , tournament and human reference book .
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Should be working again now.
luckytrebor

Post by luckytrebor »

And again the same problem. I am not able to access GM++, tournament book, human reference book in HCE. Why is this happening lately?
herO

Post by herO »

luckytrebor wrote:And again the same problem. I am not able to access GM++, tournament book, human reference book in HCE. Why is this happening lately?
Me too.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The ISP moved the server last night to a new data centre. It appeared operational after the move at about 1:30am BST. This morning the server was inaccessible. I have contacted the ISP a number of times and they are working on it. It came back briefly this morning around 11am but then was inaccessible again shortly afterwards.

Latest update is they are checking the network configuration. If that is the issue we may be back within the hour, if they find it is the OS it may mean a reimage and the downtime will be longer.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Eelvelt

I am not able to access the online opening books

Post by Eelvelt »

Since this morning the online books are not accessible. I renewed the license code and restarted the program but without success. Something wrong with the server?
herO

Re: I am not able to access the online opening books

Post by herO »

Eelvelt wrote:Since this morning the online books are not accessible. I renewed the license code and restarted the program but without success. Something wrong with the server?
If you renew your subscription, you will get a new licence code. Did you entered the new key in the Preferences->Advanced tab?
Eelvelt

Post by Eelvelt »

A few hours after my earlier message the online books came back. It must have been a server error. Thanks for your reply.
herO

Post by herO »

It seems that servers are down again. I am not able to access GM++, Tournament and Human Reference books.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

herO wrote:It seems that servers are down again. I am not able to access GM++, Tournament and Human Reference books.
Working ok for me.
Rob Appleby

Post by Rob Appleby »

So is the GM+ opening book a) included in HCE and b) if it is, is it identical to the local book? That was not my understanding.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Rob Appleby wrote:So is the GM+ opening book a) included in HCE and b) if it is, is it identical to the local book? That was not my understanding.
http://hiarcs.com/opening-books.htm
Rob Appleby

Post by Rob Appleby »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Rob Appleby wrote:So is the GM+ opening book a) included in HCE and b) if it is, is it identical to the local book? That was not my understanding.
http://hiarcs.com/opening-books.htm
So how is that I always get the same book no matter whether I select local or GM+? Does it just select GM+ by default? I’m using deep hiarcs on a mac btw.

edit: so I went into the preferences/engines/configure tab and apparently the 14b (?) book is available with over 7,000,000 positions. But it does not appear in the opening explorer tab, which offers only 700,000 or so positions no matter which book I select, local or online. I must be misunderstanding something. Some help would be appreciated.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Unless you have an opening book subscription a lot of the books will not be visible.