New 'Wood' machine from MILLENNIUM

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,

my MCG Exclusive arrived one week ago! :D

I was on a trip and therefore I could only make a short test today:

The board looks a bit artificial, more laminate than real wood, sealed with a lot of varnish. The chess pieces look nice but the operator module looks a bit cheap. Piece recognition works perfect and lots of usefull functions found.

For 498,-- Euro a perfect buy!

Looking forward to test the board emulator...

Regards, Michael
Scally

Post by Scally »

Hi all,

Yes I was going to order one too, however I’ve had 2 family funerals including my Mums recently and have another next Friday. In the mean time Topschach have increased their prices .... 😡

Cheers,

Al.
Dave C

Losses

Post by Dave C »

Scally wrote:Yes I was going to order one too, however I’ve had 2 family funerals including my Mums recently and have another next Friday. In the mean time Topschach have increased their prices .... 😡

Al.
Hi Al,
Very sorry to hear about your recent losses. Condolences and our prayers are with you and your family.

Best regards,
Dave
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

Scally wrote:Hi all,

Yes I was going to order one too, however I’ve had 2 family funerals including my Mums recently and have another next Friday. In the mean time Topschach have increased their prices .... 😡

Cheers,

Al.
Just ask Topschach for the "old" price of 498,-€ before you buy and they will sell it to you for the old price :-)
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi,

I just tested the PGN tool - it's working fine!

Regards, Michael
Juan Moreno

Post by Juan Moreno »

What about the new emulator of Topschach?
Juan Moreno

Post by Juan Moreno »

Hi,

was this only a marketing gag of Topschach?
pennine22

Post by pennine22 »

Schachspieler wrote:
Scally wrote:Hi all,

Cheers,

Al.
Just ask Topschach for the "old" price of 498,-€ before you buy and they will sell it to you for the old price :-)
Hi

I was interested in buying one and the old price would be more appealing. Has anyone bought one in October to know if the shop is still honoring the old price. Presumably ask up front by email and they send an invoice to bypass the online ordering?

Thanks.
David
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

pennine22 wrote:
Schachspieler wrote:
Hi

I was interested in buying one and the old price would be more appealing. Has anyone bought one in October to know if the shop is still honoring the old price. Presumably ask up front by email and they send an invoice to bypass the online ordering?

Thanks.
David
Dear David,

when you ask them for the old price, they will send you an invoice with Paypal of the 498,-€. Just in case they sell it for the old price. But asking is free. :-)
pennine22

Post by pennine22 »

Schachspieler wrote:
pennine22 wrote:
Schachspieler wrote:
Hi

Thanks.
David
Dear David,

when you ask them for the old price, they will send you an invoice with Paypal of the 498,-€. Just in case they sell it for the old price. But asking is free. :-)
Many thanks for the insight.
regards
David
Dave C

Update?

Post by Dave C »

A month or two ago I read somewhere that Millennium would be having an announcement for MCGE owners in the fall or fourth quarter of the year. An additional chess program? or ?

Has anyone heard about this announcement?

Dave
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Update?

Post by Steve B »

Dave C wrote:A month or two ago I read somewhere that Millennium would be having an announcement for MCGE owners in the fall or fourth quarter of the year. An additional chess program? or ?

Has anyone heard about this announcement?

Dave
From the Millennium web site:

Question: What innovations are planned by Millennium 2000 for the near future?

Answer: At the end of 2017 Millennium plans to offer various userbooks for downloading and training. To this end, exotic Gambit openings are to be included in many requests.

In the first half of 2018, a new chess program will be available for the ChessGenius Exclusive.

not sure if the user books are for the Exclusive ?
but it looks like the game plan is to release a new engine sometime next year for the Exclusive

Lets See Regards
Steve
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

Steve B wrote:
but it looks like the game plan is to release a new engine sometime next year for the Exclusive

Lets See Regards
Steve
yes,- it is for the Exclusive and it is the King-Engine from Johan de Koning. But you can be sure, that the engine is not for free. I expect Millennium will sell it for 200-300€.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Schachspieler wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Lets See Regards
Steve
yes,- it is for the Exclusive and it is the King-Engine from Johan de Koning. But you can be sure, that the engine is not for free. I expect Millennium will sell it for 200-300€.
Glad to hear it will not be another Lang engine but the price seems high
thats almost 1/2 the price of a new Exclusive

You Need Big Bucks To Stay Current In This Hobby These Days Regards
Steve
mclane

Post by mclane »

Why should the price be that high ? That makes no sense to me.

I am still waiting for another engine for Pewatronic grandmaster. But nothing so far.

Also I am still waiting for different time controls than blitz 90 and average 90 on the DGT pi.

It seems Millennium is faster in updating then those others.

What a pity.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....