The Saitek GK 2100

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
rookorbycrook

saitek president

Post by rookorbycrook »

Hi guys and gals ...... response to this topic, glad to say Eric Hallsworth has very kindly uploaded on his website all the copies of " Selective Search "

In the copy I had when I got the President for my Christmas present ( 1994 )

The manual shows you a list of chess computers that were reviewed in that month. It goes on to tell you that the Saitek President has a elo of 2040 and with that figure you would match in on their score sheet in the copy of the magazine. It gives the rating at 1 min, 2 min 40 moves in 2 hours and 5 seconds a move.

I played my Saitek president against Fritz 15 it lasted 41 moves on 5 seconds a move. ( default setting ) and then 39 moves on 40 moves in 2 hours. So the 5 seconds a move is the strongest level, If you set fritz 15 on friend mode my Saitek President beat it last night would you believe, against a Reti opening, and fritz rates it friend mode at 2200 which I think is US setting.

But anyway its a lovely machine I have two of them one being the Pra'sident and the other President. Just missed out on one last night infact on Ebay from the USA it went for £194 ......... but has a black rook missing. I AM LOOKING FOR A CONTROL MODULE ....... thanks for listening. If anyone has any questions please love to talk regards Ian.

PS

Here is the link for all the Selective Search magazines from 1985 - 2013

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/sel ... earch.html

all the best

PPS

here is the link for Chess Computers UK with other info and interests for chess computers etc

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: saitek president

Post by Fernando »

rookorbycrook wrote:Hi guys and gals ...... response to this topic, glad to say Eric Hallsworth has very kindly uploaded on his website all the copies of " Selective Search "

In the copy I had when I got the President for my Christmas present ( 1994 )

The manual shows you a list of chess computers that were reviewed in that month. It goes on to tell you that the Saitek President has a elo of 2040 and with that figure you would match in on their score sheet in the copy of the magazine. It gives the rating at 1 min, 2 min 40 moves in 2 hours and 5 seconds a move.

I played my Saitek president against Fritz 15 it lasted 41 moves on 5 seconds a move. ( default setting ) and then 39 moves on 40 moves in 2 hours. So the 5 seconds a move is the strongest level, If you set fritz 15 on friend mode my Saitek President beat it last night would you believe, against a Reti opening, and fritz rates it friend mode at 2200 which I think is US setting.

But anyway its a lovely machine I have two of them one being the Pra'sident and the other President. Just missed out on one last night infact on Ebay from the USA it went for £194 ......... but has a black rook missing. I AM LOOKING FOR A CONTROL MODULE ....... thanks for listening. If anyone has any questions please love to talk regards Ian.

PS

Here is the link for all the Selective Search magazines from 1985 - 2013

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/sel ... earch.html

all the best

PPS

here is the link for Chess Computers UK with other info and interests for chess computers etc

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/
I hope Eric is OK, so his wife. I was a subscriber of his magazine to the end, so I recall. Always entertaining. Those were the days....
Festina Lente
Reinfeld

Post by Reinfeld »

glad to say Eric Hallsworth has very kindly uploaded on his website all the copies of " Selective Search "
Very useful. Thanks so much for the link.

- R.
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells