Millenium new release of chess computer

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Cyberchess

Post by Cyberchess »

Fernando wrote:
mclane wrote:We will collect money for you so that you get one hot meal a day Fernando.
Well, pal, if you are going to bother with a collect for me, I would ask too money to renovate my car....

No half measures regards
Fern
In these times of Brexit woes, record national debt coupled with a sluggish economic recovery, I managed to squeeze Obama for...

Drive Safely Regards,
John
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Cyberchess wrote:
Fernando wrote:
mclane wrote:We will collect money for you so that you get one hot meal a day Fernando.
Well, pal, if you are going to bother with a collect for me, I would ask too money to renovate my car....

No half measures regards
Fern
In these times of Brexit woes, record national debt coupled with a sluggish economic recovery, I managed to squeeze Obama for...

Drive Safely Regards,
John
Great deal...I will see if I can convince someone to give me a Buick 1954...
Festina Lente
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

Cyberchess wrote:
Fernando wrote:

No half measures regards
Fern

Drive Safely Regards,
John
Brilliant :D
Thanks John
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Does anyone have any additional information on the Millennium Chess Genius's opening book?

Millennium's site, as well as schach-computer, only state >20,000.

Monsieur Plastique has confirmed that the book is different (and better) than the Chess Genius phone version, but I haven't seen any information beyond that.

Also - is it possible to turn OFF the book, similar to the MCG Pro? I haven't found that option...
Reinfeld

Post by Reinfeld »

Here's how I'm going to handle this buying decision:

1. I'll buy ONE version, probably plastic. I want the strongest option. I'm not interested in completionism. I want the strongest machine with the most features and the greatest ease of us. At the moment, the plastic Pro looks like the answer. The price point is agreeable.

2. I'm wary of wood. I'm a slob and I'm cheap and I already hoard too much, and I live with another human who indulges me to a point. I have a Citrine - my only concession to wood. It's a pain to store, and a bother to play, even if I love it. I want utility, not luxury. If someone dies and leaves me a TASC stash. I'll make room for that. I don't want to fiddle around with cartridges. That's me.

3. I have a Berlin Pro - my only Lang machine. I have the Genius app on my phone. I get the Lang fatigue expressed by vets who are more familiar with him, but I like the stubbornness of the engine. I like the prospect of the London book and the Hiarcs book in the Pro.

- R.
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Reinfeld wrote:
I'm wary of wood.
I don't want to fiddle around with cartridges.

Here's how I'm going to handle this buying decision:

I'll buy ONE version, probably plastic. At the moment, the plastic Pro looks like the answer.
no wood or modules say you?
oh well ..to each his own
for me..the most important feature is Piece Recognition
so the Wooden MCGE was the way to go for me
as i get older i have trouble recognizing my friends and even some relatives so at least i know my chess computer will recognize the chess pieces for me

Anyway...Congrats on your fine choice of the MCGP

it performed brilliantly in Michael's just now completed Tournament:

http://miclangschach.de/hiarcs_tourname ... s2017.html

Have A Nice Day Regards
Steve
Reinfeld

Post by Reinfeld »

Well...not *that* brilliantly, apparently:) Interesting that MCGE was so much stronger - I thought the guts were the same, but I must be

misinformed regards

- R.
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

That is just one side of the medal.
Last year in Kaufbeuren the MCG Pro scored 6,5 out of 8 in a strong group.
See https://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/i ... e_Gruppe_A

Best regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

And if you are tired of wood, you can still have a plastic autosensory board with the Saitek Blitz!
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Subi

Re: Millenium new release of chess computer

Post by Subi »

Do you have any information about the durability of the chess computer? I bought it today and I'm very satisfied with its playing strength, but on the other hand the build quality is very low, even the magnet has different strength on the bottom of different pieces.

If you say despite the build quality it still can last years, I'll keep it. Otherwise I'll send it back.