I would like to create piece sets.

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Ted Summers

I would like to create piece sets.

Post by Ted Summers »

I would like to create piece sets for use with Hiarcs Chess Explorer.

Can you please explain the process in detail used to create your *.png piece set images. I would like to create some kind of template for the creation of different pieces.

Also, are the png's just svg's with .png extentions?

Thank you.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience come from bad decisions."
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

You will need to create a 1800x600 png image which contains all white black pieces. White is on top. Each piece colour/type is 300x300 pixels 32 bit colour depth.

Area around pieces should be transparent.

An example can be found the HIARCS Chess Explorer/data/themes folder.

Provided such a png is in that folder HCE will present it in the preferences.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Wheelman

Piece Sets

Post by Wheelman »

On the topic of piece sets, is it possible to know who the artists that drew those pieces (that came in HIARCS and HIARCS iPhone/iPad) are? I would like to know for example who made the Staunton pieces in HIARCS iPhone, or where Mark got it from; that would be nice. :D

BTW, if anybody wants the Staunton or the Classic pieces from the HIARCS iPhone/iPad app for HIARCS Chess Explorer, send me a message. :)
Wheelman

Piece Sets

Post by Wheelman »

Wheelman wrote:On the topic of piece sets, is it possible to know who the artists that drew those pieces (that came in HIARCS and HIARCS iPhone/iPad) are? I would like to know for example who made the Staunton pieces in HIARCS iPhone, or where Mark got it from; that would be nice. :D
Nevermind...I found the answer to my question in "About HIARCS," although it does not mention who made the "classic" pieces.