Sakkara Chess Computers

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

Sakkara Chess Computers

Post by spacious_mind »

Sakkara is one of the Hong Kong, made in China chess computer manufacturers, where you don't see many of them, but occasionally you see the odd one on Ebay.

Sakkara was the copyright of Sakkara Technologies Ltd. H.K. Their address was:

Sakkara Techologies Ltd.,
7th Floor, Allied Kajima Building,
138 Gloucester Road,
WanChai,
Hong Kong S.A.R.

I believe their computers came from the same place as Tiger Electronics as their computers seem to have the same look and feel, not least being Sakkara Vega that has the same Christian Donninger program seen in Tiger Grenadier.

Sakkara was distributed by S.A.V. Sakkara in France and by Ravensburger S.A. in Spain.

Sakkara Antares - 2001

It has over 1000 level combinations and 5 styles of play from passive to aggressive. Estimated Manufacturer rating around 1600 ELO. The look reminds me a lot of Tiger Marathon which is not a bad computer as it did quite well in my U1400 Tournaments.

Sakkara Callisto - 2001

Callisto probably has the same program as Sakkara Antares. Same amount of levels and same strength etc. From a design it is quite pretty for plastic computers.

Sakkara Sirius - 2001

Same with Sirius, probably the same program, levels, features etc., but its design is quite unique.

Sakkara Vega - 2005

It has the same design as Sakkara Sirius, but Vega is the flagship computer of Sakkara with H8 10 MHz processor and Christian Donninger's chess program. The one would rate at around 2200 ELO per Tiger Grendadier manufacturer specs. In actuality it is about as strong as Excalbur Igor or Krypton Challenge.

None of these Sakkara's use power supplies. They all only run with batteries.

Best regards
Nick
larryadler

Post by larryadler »

It's interesting how unknown devices can be strong. Thanks for info. If I see one of such machines, I will be more determined to buy.
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

Anyone know where I can get a Sakkara Vega? No luck on eBay.
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

The Vega is hard to find. Try the Tiger Grenadier, which has the same program.

Regards,Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

TracySMiller wrote:Anyone know where I can get a Sakkara Vega? No luck on eBay.
Tracy

They are as rare as hens teeth but good luck in trying to find one though.

Bryan
mrt

Sakkara Sirius

Post by mrt »

Hello,

I ones bought a Sakkara Sirius chesscomputer when I was pretty ill and passed months of playing on it. The computer is still in mint condition and works but I don't have the manual anymore! Can somebody help me with this? Thx already
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

I see that in all these rare computers with weird names they still runs known programs by the same programmers we have played since ever. I wonder if ever once we will have one of these machines programmed by some oriental, unknown guy....
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Here are a couple of more Sakkara Computers.

Sakkara Proteus 4 - Model 673 - 2002

The computer has a nice blue color its actually quite attractive. 1550 ELO so approx. 1750 USCF. Sold by Ravensburger, France to Spain.

And here is another one:

Sakkara Equinox - Model 119 - 2001

This one is the portable also 1550 ELO European.

Best regards
Nick