HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone
 
 QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Collector's Corner..I Dont Think So..(Current Ebay Oddities)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Sargon1972
Member


Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 283
Full Name: Hans van Mierlo
Location: Dussen

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Guys,

Rumors are Rumors as i just told before ,and sometimes they go to false ore wrong info ,ore get a own life...

Let me say this very clear Wink there is not coming a new Revelation Next Year !!

In case Ruud is not planning to build a new Revelation at this moment

I speak ,see Ruud many times ,so this info is not a Rumor

I am sorry to tell u this

Egbert , momentan ist es sicher das er bestimmt im 2018 kein Revaltion kommt , auch ist momentan noch kein plan beim Ruud um noch ein neue Revelation zu bauen

Kr,Hans
_________________
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Egbert
Member


Joined: 11 Nov 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sargon1972 wrote:
Hello Guys,

Rumors are Rumors as i just told before ,and sometimes they go to false ore wrong info ,ore get a own life...

Let me say this very clear Wink there is not coming a new Revelation Next Year !!

In case Ruud is not planning to build a new Revelation at this moment

I speak ,see Ruud many times ,so this info is not a Rumor

I am sorry to tell u this

Egbert , momentan ist es sicher das er bestimmt im 2018 kein Revaltion kommt , auch ist momentan noch kein plan beim Ruud um noch ein neue Revelation zu bauen

Kr,Hans


Hallo Hans,

Danke, diese Info entspricht in etwa meinem Kenntnisstand, allerdings dŘrfte es keineswegs danach (nach 2018) ausgeschlossen sein, dass Revelation III kommt. Smile

Gru▀
Egbert
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mauben
Member


Joined: 21 Nov 2016
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Senator module - just that Reply with quote

An Austrian gentleman is ebaying a Senator module without the display unit, i.e. only the "keyboard" unit:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/252941507911?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I inquired about that and he confirmed: no display module.

I have a question for knowledgeable forum members: is it in theory possible to use the Senator module without the display ?

In the Master Chess board levels and options can be set directly on the board squares, and the display has very little use aside time and obvious messages. Computer underpromoting would be tricky, though. I gave an Exclusive + Senator as a gift to my nephew 5 years ago, I can't remember if it worked the same way as the Master Chess.

I also suppose that the Senator requires the Senator / Magellan display module - i.e. no "8 bit display" is going to work with it.

I will appreciate any input.

Best regards,

Mauro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve B
Forum Elder


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 8275
Full Name: Steve B
Location: New York City USofA

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator module - just that Reply with quote

mauben wrote:



I have a question for knowledgeable forum members: is it in theory possible to use the Senator module without the display ?
I also suppose that the Senator requires the Senator / Magellan display module - i.e. no "8 bit display" is going to work with it.

I will appreciate any input.


Hi Mauro
you can definitely use the Senator module without the display module
i just tested that for you..played an entire game..no problem
actually the manual describes the display module as an accessory!
i cant say its every enjoyable to play a game without the display but it can be done

i dont think you can use any other Mephisto display modules with the Senator
i didnt test that for fear i might screw something up

Sightless Senator Regards
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
luis
Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tr0ntreez wrote:

They likely get the wood grain laminate in a big roll like wall paper and cut to size to fit their housing. So maybe even every unit is unique. Who knows? Looks like slightly different woodgrains are used over the years as well from those pictures.


Ahhhh, that's a nice idea. It could well be.

BTW: SOMEONE BOUGHT THE FREAKING ALTO FOR 400 EURO !

Must have been one of those "I have everything in my collection but this" or "that reminds me the long lost unit my grandfather bought me the day before he died" kind of thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gerry
Member


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting fed up with the misuse of the word 'rare' in the context of chess computers on eBay. Sure, it's buyer beware but these sellers are a bit devious/dishonest imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spacious_mind
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 2792
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luis wrote:
.

BTW: SOMEONE BOUGHT THE FREAKING ALTO FOR 400 EURO !


I have an Alto if you want it... 401 Euro!! and, not a penny more and its yours! Smile
_________________
Nick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
luis
Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacious_mind wrote:

I have an Alto if you want it... 401 Euro!! and, not a penny more and its yours! Smile


I know you have it, every time I search info about a model the first pages popping out are the wiki in german and your site Smile

But 401 Euro is a bit too much !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spacious_mind
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 2792
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luis wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:

I have an Alto if you want it... 401 Euro!! and, not a penny more and its yours! Smile


I know you have it, every time I search info about a model the first pages popping out are the wiki in german and your site Smile

But 401 Euro is a bit too much !


Hi Luis,

I agree, it's funny to pay so much for it. But to each their own....

Best regards
_________________
Nick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mauben
Member


Joined: 21 Nov 2016
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Senator module - just that Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
mauben wrote:



I have a question for knowledgeable forum members: is it in theory possible to use the Senator module without the display ?
I also suppose that the Senator requires the Senator / Magellan display module - i.e. no "8 bit display" is going to work with it.

I will appreciate any input.


Hi Mauro
you can definitely use the Senator module without the display module
i just tested that for you..played an entire game..no problem
actually the manual describes the display module as an accessory!
i cant say its every enjoyable to play a game without the display but it can be done

i dont think you can use any other Mephisto display modules with the Senator
i didnt test that for fear i might screw something up

Sightless Senator Regards
Steve


Thanks Steve, I really appreciate !

I'll follow the auction in case it does not skyball like the yesterday's Magellan, sold in excess of 500 Euro while on Sunday another Magellan was "sold" at 251 Euro (I am spotting very often fake offers, probably on part of sellers).

Regards,

Mauro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X__Gandalf__X
Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Scam? Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172682616121?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks like a scam to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scally
Member


Joined: 05 Jun 2016
Posts: 143
Full Name: Alan Cooper
Location: Bermondsey, London

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Scam? Reply with quote

X__Gandalf__X wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172682616121?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks like a scam to me


Hmm, to me too. Item in China, his first sale and free P&P and very little money?

It's almost worth an offer to see, at that price?

Al.
_________________
My Chess Computers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
yoyo_chessboard
Member


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 84
Location: South of France - cote d'azur

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Ebay :
there are some words that , when used, allows the seller to ask totally unreal prices :
i will select 3:
Rare
super rare
and
vintage

when you have vintage or rare it is already too expensive
when it is very rare it is worse

but when it is very rare and vintage, even Steve B can't afford Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve B
Forum Elder


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 8275
Full Name: Steve B
Location: New York City USofA

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yoyo_chessboard wrote:

but when it is very rare and vintage, even Steve B can't afford Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed


After The Recent collapse of the US Stock Market(down 350 pts two days ago) I can afford NO computers..even if common and inexpensive

Trying To Cancel my $600 order for the MCGE Regards
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
steffen
Member


Joined: 27 Sep 2015
Posts: 208

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
yoyo_chessboard wrote:

but when it is very rare and vintage, even Steve B can't afford Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed


After The Recent collapse of the US Stock Market(down 350 pts two days ago) I can afford NO computers..even if common and inexpensive

Trying To Cancel my $600 order for the MCGE Regards
Steve


The market has recovered again.
You can cancel the cancellation.

Unhedged regards,
Steffen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 179 of 184

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP