Collector's Corner..On Collecting Dedicated Chess Computers

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Guys,

Rumors are Rumors as i just told before ,and sometimes they go to false ore wrong info ,ore get a own life...

Let me say this very clear :wink: there is not coming a new Revelation Next Year !!

In case Ruud is not planning to build a new Revelation at this moment

I speak ,see Ruud many times ,so this info is not a Rumor

I am sorry to tell u this

Egbert , momentan ist es sicher das er bestimmt im 2018 kein Revaltion kommt , auch ist momentan noch kein plan beim Ruud um noch ein neue Revelation zu bauen

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Egbert

Post by Egbert »

Sargon1972 wrote:Hello Guys,

Rumors are Rumors as i just told before ,and sometimes they go to false ore wrong info ,ore get a own life...

Let me say this very clear :wink: there is not coming a new Revelation Next Year !!

In case Ruud is not planning to build a new Revelation at this moment

I speak ,see Ruud many times ,so this info is not a Rumor

I am sorry to tell u this

Egbert , momentan ist es sicher das er bestimmt im 2018 kein Revaltion kommt , auch ist momentan noch kein plan beim Ruud um noch ein neue Revelation zu bauen

Kr,Hans
Hallo Hans,

Danke, diese Info entspricht in etwa meinem Kenntnisstand, allerdings dürfte es keineswegs danach (nach 2018) ausgeschlossen sein, dass Revelation III kommt. :)

Gruß
Egbert
mauben

Senator module - just that

Post by mauben »

An Austrian gentleman is ebaying a Senator module without the display unit, i.e. only the "keyboard" unit:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/252941507911?_tr ... EBIDX%3AIT

I inquired about that and he confirmed: no display module.

I have a question for knowledgeable forum members: is it in theory possible to use the Senator module without the display ?

In the Master Chess board levels and options can be set directly on the board squares, and the display has very little use aside time and obvious messages. Computer underpromoting would be tricky, though. I gave an Exclusive + Senator as a gift to my nephew 5 years ago, I can't remember if it worked the same way as the Master Chess.

I also suppose that the Senator requires the Senator / Magellan display module - i.e. no "8 bit display" is going to work with it.

I will appreciate any input.

Best regards,

Mauro
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Senator module - just that

Post by Steve B »

mauben wrote:

I have a question for knowledgeable forum members: is it in theory possible to use the Senator module without the display ?
I also suppose that the Senator requires the Senator / Magellan display module - i.e. no "8 bit display" is going to work with it.

Hi Mauro
you can definitely use the Senator module without the display module
i just tested that for you..played an entire game..no problem
actually the manual describes the display module as an accessory!
i cant say its every enjoyable to play a game without the display but it can be done

i dont think you can use any other Mephisto display modules with the Senator
i didnt test that for fear i might screw something up

Sightless Senator Regards
Steve
luis

Post by luis »

Tr0ntreez wrote: They likely get the wood grain laminate in a big roll like wall paper and cut to size to fit their housing. So maybe even every unit is unique. Who knows? Looks like slightly different woodgrains are used over the years as well from those pictures.
Ahhhh, that's a nice idea. It could well be.

BTW: SOMEONE BOUGHT THE FREAKING ALTO FOR 400 EURO !

Must have been one of those "I have everything in my collection but this" or "that reminds me the long lost unit my grandfather bought me the day before he died" kind of thing.
gerry

Post by gerry »

I'm getting fed up with the misuse of the word 'rare' in the context of chess computers on eBay. Sure, it's buyer beware but these sellers are a bit devious/dishonest imo.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

luis wrote:.

BTW: SOMEONE BOUGHT THE FREAKING ALTO FOR 400 EURO !
I have an Alto if you want it... 401 Euro!! and, not a penny more and its yours! :)
Nick
luis

Post by luis »

spacious_mind wrote: I have an Alto if you want it... 401 Euro!! and, not a penny more and its yours! :)
I know you have it, every time I search info about a model the first pages popping out are the wiki in german and your site :-)

But 401 Euro is a bit too much !
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

luis wrote:
spacious_mind wrote: I have an Alto if you want it... 401 Euro!! and, not a penny more and its yours! :)
I know you have it, every time I search info about a model the first pages popping out are the wiki in german and your site :-)

But 401 Euro is a bit too much !
Hi Luis,

I agree, it's funny to pay so much for it. But to each their own....

Best regards
Nick
mauben

Re: Senator module - just that

Post by mauben »

Steve B wrote:
mauben wrote:

Hi Mauro
you can definitely use the Senator module without the display module
i just tested that for you..played an entire game..no problem
actually the manual describes the display module as an accessory!
i cant say its every enjoyable to play a game without the display but it can be done

i dont think you can use any other Mephisto display modules with the Senator
i didnt test that for fear i might screw something up

Sightless Senator Regards
Steve
Thanks Steve, I really appreciate !

I'll follow the auction in case it does not skyball like the yesterday's Magellan, sold in excess of 500 Euro while on Sunday another Magellan was "sold" at 251 Euro (I am spotting very often fake offers, probably on part of sellers).

Regards,

Mauro
X__Gandalf__X

Scam?

Post by X__Gandalf__X »

Scally

Re: Scam?

Post by Scally »

X__Gandalf__X wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172682616121? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Looks like a scam to me
Hmm, to me too. Item in China, his first sale and free P&P and very little money?

It's almost worth an offer to see, at that price?

Al.
yoyo_chessboard

Post by yoyo_chessboard »

On Ebay :
there are some words that , when used, allows the seller to ask totally unreal prices :
i will select 3:
Rare
super rare
and
vintage

when you have vintage or rare it is already too expensive
when it is very rare it is worse

but when it is very rare and vintage, even Steve B can't afford :D :oops: :oops:
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

yoyo_chessboard wrote: but when it is very rare and vintage, even Steve B can't afford :D :oops: :oops:
After The Recent collapse of the US Stock Market(down 350 pts two days ago) I can afford NO computers..even if common and inexpensive

Trying To Cancel my $600 order for the MCGE Regards
Steve
steffen

Post by steffen »

Steve B wrote:
yoyo_chessboard wrote: but when it is very rare and vintage, even Steve B can't afford :D :oops: :oops:
After The Recent collapse of the US Stock Market(down 350 pts two days ago) I can afford NO computers..even if common and inexpensive

Trying To Cancel my $600 order for the MCGE Regards
Steve
The market has recovered again.
You can cancel the cancellation.

Unhedged regards,
Steffen