Scisys Collection

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

Scisys Collection

Post by spacious_mind »

Here is my Scisys Collection:

SCISYS COLLECTION

ACETRONIC GRADUATE
ASTRAL
CHESS CHAMPION SUPER SYSTEM IV
CHESS COMPANION
CHESS COMPANION II
CHESS COMPANION III
CONCORD II
CHESS PARTNER 2000
CHESS PARTNER 3000
CHESS PARTNER 4000
CHESS PARTNER 5000
CHESS PARTNER 6000
COURIER V
EXECUTIVE CHESS
EXPLORER
EXPRESS 16K
GRADUATE CHESS
INTELLIGENT CHESS
INTERCONTINENTAL TRAVELLER
JUNIOR CHESS
LEONARDO WITH MAESTRO MODULE A 4 MHZ
CHESS CHAMPION MARK V
CHESS CHAMPION MARK VI
MINI CHESS
MK 8
MK 10
MK12
OLYMPIADE
PLUS 128
PLUS 129
POCKET CHESS
PRINZTRONIC CHESS TRAVELLER
RAPIER
SENATOR
SENSOR GREY STRONG PLAY
SENSOR MODULAR GRAY
SENSOR ACETRONIC MODULAR GREY
SENSOR MODULAR WOOD VENEER
STRATOS
SUPERSTAR 28K
SUPERSTAR 36K
TRAVEL MATE
TRAVEL MATE II
TRAVEL SENSOR CHESS
TRIO
TURBO 16K
TURBO S-24K
TURBOSTAR 432 QUELLE
TURBOSTAR 432 + KSO
TURBOSTAR 540

I also have the set of Sensor Modules:

STRONG PLAY
HYPERMODERN
SUPER CLASSICAL

What I think I am missing is:

CHESS SYSTEM III
CHESS CHAMPION DELTA-1
CHESS COMPANION
PRESIDENT CHESS
CHESS CHAMPION MK VI + SENSOR BOARD
CONCORD

Best regards
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

QUESTION: What happens when you take time off every so often and don't diligently list things when you store them.

ANSWER: You sometimes forget that you have something ;)

Someone asked recently how I keep my chess computers. I keep chess computers that don't have an original box and hand held chess computers in banker boxes 10x15x24 inch. Also smaller slimmer computer boxes such as you would find with Excalibur, Krypton, Systema, Millennium etc I also keep stored in these banker boxes. I found by doing this I also am able to protect the original boxes better. Where I mess myself up sometimes is when I have a lot of computers out at the same time and if I put them away in a rush then I sometimes have computers in wrong places and then a search begins, when I look for it :) I like this system because in my computer storage room I can stack the Banker boxes 4 high and that reduces the space needed by a lot.

The type which you can see here at staples.

http://www.staples.com/Bankers-Box-Stor ... uct_563126

Large wooden computers I store separately on shelf racks that I have in my storage room (not on top of each other). If it is a loose board then I keep a bubble wrap around them and they are inserted into plain white pillow covers which help to keep them protected. That is how I keep them all in my storage room.

The same applies for chess software boxes, disks, pocket pc's, palms etc they are also all stored away the same way.

In my game room I have few DOS computers set up as well as a couple of big long tables. This is where I then play my games etc. I have to profess this room sometimes does get messy if I am doing a bigger tournament as I then have lot of things out at the same time.

In other areas of the house I rarely have chess computers. So if people come and visit they are not even aware of them. I guess people could surmise that I like chess because in my den I have book cabinets that are filled with chess books.

@ Michael (Blaubaer) so you won't see a museum at my house! You probably won't even know that I collect them :)

Anyway this post is because I just found another computer that I had forgotten I had:

SCISYS CHESSMASTER CHESS SYSTEM 3

It is not complete as it is missing the addons which you can see at Mike Watters site:

http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/che ... m_iii.html

Best regards

Nick
Nick
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Hi Nick,
Thank you for the description of how you store your extensive collection including the use of bank boxes. I think every person that visits this forum and collects has the same issue...how to effectively store and/or display their collection. To help better understand your method would it be possible to post a few pictures of your arrangement? I, for one, am not above copying a good idea. :oops:

Best regards,
Dave
blaubaer

Post by blaubaer »

Hi Nick and Dave,

pictures - pictures - pictures!!! :P

To promote Dave's extreme good idea, I attach a picture of my solution! This cabinet is specificly made into the roof pitch of my house. It has long drawers, especially at the bottom...
spacious_mind wrote: @ Michael (Blaubaer) so you won't see a museum at my house! You probably won't even know that I collect them :)
I would know where to look.... 8)
spacious_mind wrote:Anyway this post is because I just found another computer that I had forgotten I had
To avoid that I made a list like you now....

Regretful regards Michael 8)
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

blaubaer wrote:Hi Nick and Dave,

pictures - pictures - pictures!!! :P

To promote Dave's extreme good idea, I attach a picture of my solution! This cabinet is specificly made into the roof pitch of my house. It has long drawers, especially at the bottom...
spacious_mind wrote: @ Michael (Blaubaer) so you won't see a museum at my house! You probably won't even know that I collect them :)
I would know where to look.... 8)

Mmmm...all this stuff about how to keep comps has awaken and incite me to take some measures so I will go one of these days to the cowshed where I have them under a bag of old onions and put them elsewhere.

Nothing is enough to keep these jewels regards
Fern
spacious_mind wrote:Anyway this post is because I just found another computer that I had forgotten I had
To avoid that I made a list like you now....

Regretful regards Michael 8)
Festina Lente