HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone
 
 QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Collector's Corner..I Dont Think So..(Current Ebay Oddities)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 183, 184, 185  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Larry
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 1698
Location: Gosford, NSW Australia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take back what I said about the high serial number. I thought
five digits was high. On checking, there are many with five. Have a look here and scroll down:
http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/fidelity_chess_challenger__cc1.html
L
_________________
Growth is the problem, not the solution.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X__Gandalf__X
Member


Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry wrote:
I take back what I said about the high serial number. I thought
five digits was high. On checking, there are many with five. Have a look here and scroll down:
http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/fidelity_chess_challenger__cc1.html
L


That's an interesting read - thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spacious_mind
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 2811
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuation of a Steve and Nick post: Razz

spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:


I just realized I forgot one... maybe there is more and I need to look through storage...lol

Mickey's 4 -in 1 Computer


Disney regards..


you are probably missing this very rare Novag Disney
The Magic Castle in the Red Box..more common of course is the Castle in the blue box



Seeing Red Regards
Steve


Hi Steve,

Yep, I am missing that one.

Best regards


Dont worry about it Nick
its not a chess computer
only a game board
Razz

Castle Lite Regards
Steve


LOL... ok... I actually thought I saw one in a red box recently.


Well I knew I saw one recently:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novag-Disney-Magic-Castle-4-in-one-Electronic-Chess-Checkers-Tic-Tac-Toe-Bingo-/371874449644?hash=item569571c8ec:g:KvYAAOSw3v5Yq0x9

And it says: Novag Disney Magic Castle 4 - in 1 Electronic <----- note the bold. Chess - Checkers etc etc.

I have to laugh at this sellers description:

Quote:
I'm not sure if this works.  I do not have an AC adapter to test with but I KNOW it does not work with batteries as battery compartment looks like it has all the metal parts removed, it is just plastic where there should be +/- connectors


Now I do have to ask this question to you Steve. Ummm you didn't did you errr... ahem... buy yours from this seller did you? .... oooops... LMAO....

Now that would be Magical.... lol
_________________
Nick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Steve B
Forum Elder


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 8304
Full Name: Steve B
Location: New York City USofA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spacious_mind wrote:



Now I do have to ask this question to you Steve. Ummm you didn't did you errr... ahem... buy yours from this seller did you? .... oooops... LMAO....

Now that would be Magical.... lol


nah i knew it was not a chess computer when i bought it
i liked the idea the Castle came in two colored boxes
anyway..i love this seller ..he says he dosent have the power supply..would be a wonder if he did as there is no place to plug it in

Sheesh Regards
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
sc9
Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an illegal Fidelity clone? The board resembles the same design as on the Excellence:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/478263434/vintage-computer-chess-set-vintage-chess
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve B
Forum Elder


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 8304
Full Name: Steve B
Location: New York City USofA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry wrote:
Steve B wrote:
On The One Hand you don't often see Elite Premiers up for sale on Ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fidelity-Elite-Premiere-Chess-Electronic-Computer-Board-/262888454467?hash=item3d355f7943:g:GrcAAOSwWxNYweG2

On The Other hand...
we have the ol"no power supply ..no can test" ruse
and the Serial/Model number sticker is missing from the back cover
very unusual...

Probably Defective Regards
Steve

To be fair, the seller does have 100% feedback. These things are
typically riddled with bad reeds. The bidding has already gone way
past its true value considering it's just a bare board with not even
an identification sticker.
L


and there you have it my good fellows
over $1500 for what most likely is a defective board
with the two built-in programs I wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole computer is wacked up but good ( in addition to the mandatory 20-30 bad reed switches )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fidelity-Elite-Premiere-Chess-Electronic-Computer-Board-/262888454467?hash=item3d355f7943:g:GrcAAOSwWxNYweG2


Money For Nothing Regards
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dave C
Member


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 250
Location: SoCal, US

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
Larry wrote:
Steve B wrote:
On The One Hand you don't often see Elite Premiers up for sale on Ebay....

Probably Defective Regards
Steve
To be fair, the seller does have 100% feedback. These things are
typically riddled with bad reeds. The bidding has already gone way
past its true value considering it's just a bare board with not even
an identification sticker.
L
and there you have it my good fellows
over $1500 for what most likely is a defective board
with the two built-in programs I wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole computer is wacked up but good ( in addition to the mandatory 20-30 bad reed switches )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fidelity-Elite-Premiere-Chess-Electronic-Computer-Board-/262888454467?hash=item3d355f7943:g:GrcAAOSwWxNYweG2

Money For Nothing Regards
Steve
That is a very expensive gamble! I don't get it.

Sky's the limit...regards,
Dave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brian B
Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2014
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave C wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Larry wrote:
Steve B wrote:
On The One Hand you don't often see Elite Premiers up for sale on Ebay....

Probably Defective Regards
Steve
To be fair, the seller does have 100% feedback. These things are
typically riddled with bad reeds. The bidding has already gone way
past its true value considering it's just a bare board with not even
an identification sticker.
L
and there you have it my good fellows
over $1500 for what most likely is a defective board
with the two built-in programs I wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole computer is wacked up but good ( in addition to the mandatory 20-30 bad reed switches )
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fidelity-Elite-Premiere-Chess-Electronic-Computer-Board-/262888454467?hash=item3d355f7943:g:GrcAAOSwWxNYweG2

Money For Nothing Regards
Steve
That is a very expensive gamble! I don't get it.

Sky's the limit...regards,
Dave


I'll bet the buyer will replace the main board with a new one, and supply his own chess set. Reed switches are cheap, so that isn't a problem. Still, all that said, it is very expensive for an incomplete, and unknown working condition EAG Premiere.

Regards,
Brian B
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Berger
Member


Joined: 08 Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Location: Barcelona (CATALONIA)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage Novag Savant LCD Touchscreen Chess Computer Game Very Rare

"(...) sold as-is with no returns. Cosmetically it is in great shape.
I don't have the power adapter so that is why I can't test it."


No further questions, your honor...
LOL Very Happy

Regards,
Berger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 5923
Full Name: Harvey Williamson
Location: Media City, UK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is one of the original threads on the forum i will suggest you all have a look at our 10 year anniversary competition http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8336
_________________
www.Hiarcs.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Steve B
Forum Elder


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 8304
Full Name: Steve B
Location: New York City USofA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really sweet

An EAG V2..with Thermal printer and a full set of ECO book modules
even has a photo of the serial number for the code breakers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scacchiera-elettronica-Fidelity-Elite-V2-/142328102730?hash=item21236a7f4a:g:xnsAAOSwuxFY2X7-

Dosent Get any better then this Regards
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Brian B
Member


Joined: 09 Jun 2014
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
This is really sweet

An EAG V2..with Thermal printer and a full set of ECO book modules
even has a photo of the serial number for the code breakers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scacchiera-elettronica-Fidelity-Elite-V2-/142328102730?hash=item21236a7f4a:g:xnsAAOSwuxFY2X7-

Dosent Get any better then this Regards
Steve


Steve, isn't this listing in error? Isn't this a Mobile Master? There is quite the treasure trove of hard to find items included.

EAG regards,
Brian B
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steve B
Forum Elder


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 8304
Full Name: Steve B
Location: New York City USofA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian B wrote:
Steve B wrote:
This is really sweet

An EAG V2..with Thermal printer and a full set of ECO book modules
even has a photo of the serial number for the code breakers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scacchiera-elettronica-Fidelity-Elite-V2-/142328102730?hash=item21236a7f4a:g:xnsAAOSwuxFY2X7-

Dosent Get any better then this Regards
Steve


Steve, isn't this listing in error? Isn't this a Mobile Master? There is quite the treasure trove of hard to find items included.

EAG regards,
Brian B


nice catch Brian
i was so memorized by the rare thermal printer and ECO Modules that i didnt look closely enough at the computer
Well Done Regards
Steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet


Joined: 31 Jul 2007
Posts: 1868
Location: Santiago de Chile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
Brian B wrote:
Steve B wrote:
This is really sweet

An EAG V2..with Thermal printer and a full set of ECO book modules
even has a photo of the serial number for the code breakers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scacchiera-elettronica-Fidelity-Elite-V2-/142328102730?hash=item21236a7f4a:g:xnsAAOSwuxFY2X7-

Dosent Get any better then this Regards
Steve


Steve, isn't this listing in error? Isn't this a Mobile Master? There is quite the treasure trove of hard to find items included.

EAG regards,
Brian B


nice catch Brian
i was so memorized by the rare thermal printer and ECO Modules that i didnt look closely enough at the computer
Well Done Regards
Steve


Interesting comp. A pity they does not sell half a dozen.

Money is not a problem when you have none regards
F
_________________
Festina Lente
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mauben
Member


Joined: 21 Nov 2016
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve B wrote:
This is really sweet

An EAG V2..with Thermal printer and a full set of ECO book modules
even has a photo of the serial number for the code breakers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scacchiera-elettronica-Fidelity-Elite-V2-/142328102730?hash=item21236a7f4a:g:xnsAAOSwuxFY2X7-

Dosent Get any better then this Regards
Steve


Seller raised bid floor to € 1250 from € 999. His sales track record is mostly junkie items and - unfortunately - he is located in an area that "on average" I would not consider exactly safe.

I would stay away from that, no matter how enticing the lot may appear.

M
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 183, 184, 185  Next
Page 176 of 185

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP