Blincoe Vs Spacious Mind

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Blincoe Vs Spacious Mind

Post by Fernando »

Looks like at the end our friend and benefactor Blincoe met his dessert in the person of Spacious Mind. What a collection! At the very least is equal to a 5% of Blincoe one...

trying to keep old friends regards
fern
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Re: Blincoe Vs Spacious Mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:Looks like at the end our friend and benefactor Blincoe met his dessert in the person of Spacious Mind. What a collection! At the very least is equal to a 5% of Blincoe one...

fern
Hi Fern,

There is no comparison. It's like comparing a Mini to a Rolls Royce. I have a huge collection that's true. But the really rare ones are in the other corner.

I like this exercise though, with participation of others perhaps we can figure out the complete list of models per manufacturer. What's amazing is that every so often a new one turns up like these Novags from a manufacturer that hasn't produced in years.

Mini Cooper Limited Eidition...regards
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Blincoe Vs Spacious Mind

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:Looks like at the end our friend and benefactor Blincoe met his dessert in the person of Spacious Mind. What a collection! At the very least is equal to a 5% of Blincoe one...

fern
Hi Fern,

There is no comparison. It's like comparing a Mini to a Rolls Royce. I have a huge collection that's true. But the really rare ones are in the other corner.

I like this exercise though, with participation of others perhaps we can figure out the complete list of models per manufacturer. What's amazing is that every so often a new one turns up like these Novags from a manufacturer that hasn't produced in years.

Mini Cooper Limited Eidition...regards
If you are like a Mini Cooper then I am like a byke....without a wheel

Monocycle regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

I never compare my collection to others
each collection (big or small)has its own unique characteristics
...whether it be rare models,completeness for all models,completeness for all auxiliary items ..completeness for box manuals pieces,,etc,,,etc

I have never claimed to have the biggest or rarest or most complete collection

the only claim I have ever made is that no one on earth can say they have been collecting these babies longer then me

1977 Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:I never compare my collection to others
...whether it be rare models,completeness for all models,completeness for all auxiliary items ..completeness for box manuals pieces,,etc,,,etc

the only claim I have ever made is that no one on earth can say they have been collecting these babies longer then me

1977 Regards
Steve
Well said... I have always been embarrassed about sharing what I have collected because of having to face comments.. but it's crazy...why hide it.

Best regards
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:

1977 Regards
Steve
Well said... I have always been embarrassed about sharing what I have collected because of having to face comments.. but it's crazy...why hide it.

Best regards
Agreed
one thread listing your great collection(rather then 10) would have been a bit more efficient though
:wink: Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:

1977 Regards
Steve

Best regards
Agreed
one thread listing your great collection(rather then 10) would have been a bit more efficient though
:wink: Regards
Steve
I know, I figured though by separating the main ones someone will step up and say hey this and this missing under so and so.. It just seems a bit more organized.

On the smaller manufacturers I could lump them in one I suppose.

Best regards
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

1977 Regards
Steve
The only claim I am entitle to do is that I have a collection where several pieces are token of the friendship of a friend over here...

sentimental regards
fern
Festina Lente
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:
The only claim I am entitle to do is that I have a collection where several pieces are token of the friendship of a friend over here...

sentimental regards
fern
Perhaps the most meaningful element of any collection

Gens Una Sumus Regards
Steve