Chris Wittington

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Chris Wittington

Post by Fernando »

Last nigh I have a long and funny talk trough FB with Chris W, the father of 2150, 2175, Complete Chess System and Cstal I and II. He is man highly intelligent and witty, so you can enjoy his conversation even if it comes peppered with sarcasms and even insults for you. I told him about this site and the fact that some technically minded pals here are inspecting, measuring and examining in every sense old chess engines running this time in current fast comps, including his programs. He say that he is not interested in this field anymore but anyway came for a while and took a look at some threads. Retired, living ina peaceful zone of France, he invest his time in FB "talking with smart people", making wooden things, tending his land, raising his children, etc, but anyway he came here and did what I said. I hope he will come back to the field at least to pepper us with his funny deprecating tirades. This site is tolerant, full of old farts and so a man like this would be a great source of entertaining. Besides, how may hidden histories he could tell us about this industry!

Looking for old farts regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Tibono2

Post by Tibono2 »

Hi,
I add to the list:
SuperChess and Clock Chess (ZX Sinclair), Battle Chess 4000, Classic 5 chess (same engine TMHO as BC4000).
Play'em all regards
Tibono
red_potatoes

Re: Chris Wittington

Post by red_potatoes »

Fernando wrote:Chris W, the father of 2150, 2175
I have to credit Chess Champion 2175 for Mac for drawing me back into tournament chess in the mid 1990s after a 15 year layoff. I picked up a copy while living in Norwich, England, had so much fun playing it that I eventually joined a club, and ended up playing a LOT of team events.

For the past five+ years I've been looking for a copy of this program on ebay, to no avail. Still trying!
Martin Hertz

Post by Martin Hertz »

There are many interesting chess programs, but his programs are a real enrichment, due to their special playing style.

Shannon B regards
mclane

Post by mclane »

We need more Shannon b programs
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....