HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Some correspondence with Kaare Danielsen...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Some correspondence with Kaare Danielsen... Reply with quote

In my desire to know more of K-Chess Elite I contacted Kaare Danielsen, author of Turbo chess in both the 4kb and 16 kb version. The first, tiny program is still used in lot of chess comps to this day, I mean NEW chess cop.

Respect K-chess, he told me this:

" I wrote a 4K program in 1982 and a 16K program in 1985. The 16K program was used in the CXG Super Enterprise and Advanced Star Chess and also in Turbo-Chess (and KChess)...."

So when we play K-Chess in current comps we are playing those dedicated units BUT now lot stronger

He told me that I was right as I have said in a post here that even old engines that were poor in his age of birth, now are little monster due to fast hardware.

Fern 2kb regards
Martin Hertz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for sharing this information, because I didn't know, that Turbo-Chess is his 16K program on PC.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are here to share

F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: