New 'Wood' machine from MILLENNIUM

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
scandien

New 'Wood' machine from MILLENNIUM

Post by scandien »

MILLENNIUM is nearly ready to deliver a new machine named the CHESSGenius Exclusive. The machine runs the Lang Program, but is a wooden chessboard ( may be modular)

here is the link
https://www.schachversand.de/startneu2.htm

br

Nicolas
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Thanks for the news Nicholas

I like the board but the display attachment looks a bit strange
sort of like a mini-laptop gizmo??

Squinting Regards
Steve
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Guys,

Yes a new product ,and a nice one !
https://www.schachversand.de/startneue2.htm
then to online shop >announcements >computer

The Unit will be upgraded as well ,i can tell u that
Of it is also wood ?! well i let u in the cloud there :wink:

Also there will be in future news engine,s available
I am not 100% sure ,but if i am right also for this Unit as well
Also new Units is a possibility,so other Hardware ,Software in the Future

End of the year+- i could have the Test version
Busy weeks are coming

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Sargon1972 wrote:

Also there will be in future news engine,s available
Hi Hans
hopefully this new computer will have ANY engine author OTHER then Lang??
I don't think I could survive yet another Lang Engine in a new schachcomputer

Begging On Bended Knee Regards
Steve
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Steve,

It´s possible to upload new software (engines and books) through the USB interface.

In order to enable UCI engines, Millennium must first of all develop a compatible OS for our hardware. As already mentioned that’s not a trivial job, but it can be done, of course.

So keep faith

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

The new ChessGenius Exclusive is a very flat, hand-made wooden sorbet board (approx. 40 x 40 x 2 cm), pull-out display by 81 single-field luminaires as well as extremely comfortable fully automatic figure recognition, which is made possible by a new technology.

The actual computer unit is housed in a separate housing with a very generously dimensioned illuminated display (73 x 39 mm), which offers a wide range of display possibilities (similar to the former Mephisto head units), but can also be used during the game as a chess clock. The latter is by the way a very practical new idea.

The comfort of the fully automatic board is excellent, especially the high detection speed and reliability. During the game, a glance at the computer's display is no longer necessary due to the bright 4 LEDs per game field.

Due to the cable connection between the housing and the sensor board, not only the hardware is interchangeable, but also future software updates are made possible via the integrated USB interface. This can also be used to save chess games or download opening libraries. The hardware is equipped with an ARM Cortex M7 processor with 300 MHz speed and significantly increased flash and RAM memory. This powerful equipment allows for an increased playing strength of the ChessGeniusExclusive in the range of 2300 - 2400 ELO (on tournament level).

HARDWARE DATA:

Measurements: approx. 40 x 40 x 2 cm

Hardware features: ARM Cortex M7 / 300 MHz / 2048 KB ROM / 384 KB RAM

Entry of the chess pieces: handmade wooden sorbet with fully automatic character recognition

Display of the chess moves: 81 single-field LEDs (4 per field each)

Display on the LCD display: separate chess clock module with very large display (73 x 39 mm), adjustable lighting and flexible display options (chess clock, multi-line info displays, chessboard display)

Future expansion options: Software updates via USB interface, hardware module completely interchangeable

Options for USB interface: saving parts; Optional download of opening libraries, firmware updates or engines

Power supply connection: Power supply for various international sockets included

SOFTWARE DATA:

Program author: Richard Lang

Program: developed on the basis of the famous world championship programs

Playing strength (tournament level):> 2300 Elo

Game strength suitable for: advanced, very good club and tournament players up to international tournament level

Difficulty levels: infinitely many difficulty levels variable adjustable; Fun-Levels (intentionally makes mistakes), Easy-Levels (limit of the calculated positions), Lightning and fast chess, Tournament chess with / without Fischer clock, etc.

CPU speed: variable from 50 - 300 MHz

Opening Library: Selection of Classic London Book (57,000 positions) and new Human Book (> 300,000 positions) by M. Uniacke

Menu guidance: Cursor-controlled menu; Info displays scrollable in 5 lines; 7 Language settings selectable

Two-player mode: for game input and analysis

Undo Trains: Restore unlimited traits

Extensive feature features:

Display of train proposals
Display of position evaluation and main variant
Display of the permanent brain calculations
Display of the train number
Display of the depth and the number of calculated traction possibilities
Simultaneous entry of chess positions (by automatic character recognition)
Different game modes
Position control with board display
Analysis mode with concurrent options
Auto-play mode
Alternative trains
Versatile setting options (display contrast, board rotation, computing speed, chess clock left or right, etc.)
Chess Trainer: Comprehensive warning and help functions
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote: SOFTWARE DATA:
Program author: Richard Lang

Sigh... Regards
Steve
lexman

Post by lexman »

I suppose the interesting points about this is that they mention the device will have new piece recognition ability. The question is is this something different to DGT or licensed from them?
Another is will it have the ability to emulate other old engines and place itself as a sort of cut price Revelation, this has been hinted at in the German threads. Will the more interesting modern engines be loadable?
I would agree that if it is to be merely a faster posher Genius that alone may not be appealing since I already own that engine in the CG Pro and Android.
mclane

Post by mclane »

It was said that it is a new technology, better then the DGT stuff.

And we all hope it will be a modular system where you can update or change the engine,
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
IvenGO

Post by IvenGO »

"Program: developed on the basis of the famous world championship programs"

3rd time in a row 2K lies and some of you still really believe that they will provide new (or good old) engines as an update or future unit?!
larryadler

Post by larryadler »

DGT + Pi - in certain conditions - is cheaper than expected this Millenium price, but, once againt - but - this Millenium is still DEDICATED chess computer, not only a physical incarnation of PC chess engines. Even if it's again LANG, the same LANG.

I have only one budget. This either this. The game is just beginning :D

EDIT: Yep, forgot about Genius Engine :P
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Hi Michael
I like the way you summarize your collection
full disclosure ...concise ..to the point and it says it all

MAN Of Few Words But Much Info Regards
Steve
larryadler

Post by larryadler »

Thank you :) But the image is too large. I need to reduce it.
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

Just caught up with the latest news of the new Millennium ChessGenius Exlusiv machine. I think the board looks nice, and very much like the idea of piece recognition. However, as many have already said, the control unit looks out of place. This would really need to be at least wood effect and preferably real wood.

Re-iterating what many of been saying; "Not another Lang!" This is a bit of a downer for me. However, if there will actually be other installable chess engines then I would be interested. I'm sure with the estimated 2400 ELO - and judging by the estimates for the two previous Millennium machines, this will probably be much higher - it will be a very strong machine indeed.

I will hold back on further judgement until its final specification is released.

Price wise, 599 Euros is good, but at the moment out of my reach.

Speculating regards
Ray
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Lang, Lang, lang......

Post by Fernando »

Genius was, is and always will be a strong BUT boring engine. It is so whatever be its incarnation. If they put another genius in a golden box at 2 bucks, even so I will not buy that.
These guys at Millenium are trying to get the most of what they already have, an agreement with Richard, BUT they forget the kind of people collectors are. I do not know any sane collector just collecting the same stuff. Well, perhaps Blincoe is the exception as much he have half a dozen item of almost every computer ever produced.
They in Millenium should try to give us the last engine the Spracklen created. Or a new Scorpio in steroids...
But no...

Lang lang lang lang lang regards
F
Festina Lente