creating opening book

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

JC

creating opening book

Post by JC »

I would like to create a number of opening books for Hiarcs Chess Explorer and use them in training games. I have stockfish and hiarcs engines. Is this possible and if so could someone instruct me how to do this?
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

I don't think is possible, perhaps in version 2 of HCE when released
JC

Post by JC »

I hope so. The software is extremely user-friendly and I like everything else about it especially the benefit of having more than one database open at a time.
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

I agree. A great piece of software although I hope v2 lets me put a selection of games into a temporary book as I find that very useful in my old version of ChessBase 11.
Peter Grayson

Post by Peter Grayson »

JC wrote:I hope so. The software is extremely user-friendly and I like everything else about it especially the benefit of having more than one database open at a time.
Although it is not currently possible to permanently create a user book as a seperate item, the Opening "Source" can be selected to "Database" when a pgn file of games is loaded displaying moves, number of games and score.

Can be useful when checking specific lines for success rate.

PeterG
Michael Blake

Post by Michael Blake »

Thanks PeterG
StevenInkster

Re: creating opening book

Post by StevenInkster »

JC wrote:I would like to create a number of opening books for Hiarcs Chess Explorer and use them in training games. I have stockfish and hiarcs engines. Is this possible and if so could someone instruct me how to do this?
I would also really appreciate this feature to be available; specifically, I would like to create my own book that would be available when playing a match against a chess engine.