How insert engine variation(s) into the notation?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Frank Rahde

How insert engine variation(s) into the notation?

Post by Frank Rahde »

Hello,

I can´t find the way to insert the actual engine analysis line(s) (not only the best move) in my game notation under Deep Chess Explorer 1.7.
Is there a short cut?

In Chessbase 12 is it possible but not here, isn´t it?

Greetings, Frank
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Simply click on the evaluation/depth displayed in blue or red and it will add the analysis to the game notation.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Frank Rahde

Post by Frank Rahde »

Thanks for the fast answer. Yeah, it works great. :-)

Frank
fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Simply click on the evaluation/depth displayed in blue or red and it will add the analysis to the game notation.
Hi Mark,

I understand how you accomplish this following a position analysis (within the Analysis Statistics and History view).

However, is there a way to accomplish this while performing an entire game analysis (versus a position analysis)? After HIARCS performs a game analysis, it will display the calculated score for the given moves in green text within the game notation window. However, I would like to see the basis for how HIARCS assigned this position score. HIARCS will show the line for the alternate (preferred) move, but I can't find a way to display the line for the original game move for which the analysis is based.

Thank you,
Greg
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

We do not insert the continuation expected by the computer for the move actually played unless it differs from continuation played in the game. This avoids a lot of clutter in the notation view.

If the expected move sequence is different from the actual move played then it will show up as an alternative line with eval/depth in the analysis at the point the alternative move is preferred.

So the expected sequence is in the notation but it is inserted at the point it varies from the move played in the game.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com