HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone
 
 QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

The New Pocket Fritz 4(Hiarcs) Wins in Mercosur 2009 9.5/10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 5925
Full Name: Harvey Williamson
Location: Media City, UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mschribr wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Hiarcs 9 on an old Palm in 2005 won a match against a 2600+GM. An iphone 4 with Hiarcs 13.xx and latest opening book would beat any GM in a match. The speed of the iPhone 4 is probably faster than the PC's some of the old computer v GM games were played on.

http://www.hiarcs.com/Games/phvgmjg.htm

another match from 2005 http://www.hiarcs.com/Games/gmvolkov.htm and another http://www.hiarcs.com/Games/gmbobras.htm

All of the games Hiarcs on a phone played are faster than 40 moves in 2 hours. Then Hiarcs on a phone never beat a GM at 40 moves in 2 hours. Then to say Hiarcs on a phone plays at GM level is misleading. To say that Hiarcs on an iphone will beat any GM is ridiculous.
Mark


It is not ridiculous if anyone can set up a match i will gladly bet £1000 that Hiarcs, on an iPhone 4, would win over say a minimum of 6 games. I would even guess that Hiarcs will not lose any games.
_________________
www.Hiarcs.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mschribr
Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 7
Full Name: Mark Schreiber
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey Williamson wrote:

It is not ridiculous if anyone can set up a match i will gladly bet £1000 that Hiarcs, on an iPhone 4, would win over say a minimum of 6 games. I would even guess that Hiarcs will not lose any games.

If Hiarcs 13.xx on the iphone 4 is so strong then why doesn’t Chessbase or Applied Computer Concepts play a 2600+GM at 40 moves in 2 hours? It could say Hiarcs is the only program on a phone to beat a 2600+GM at 40 moves in 2 hours.
I checked GM Sergey Volkov was 2622 not 2682. GM Piotr Bobras was 2563 not 2655.
Mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin


Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 5925
Full Name: Harvey Williamson
Location: Media City, UK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mschribr wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

It is not ridiculous if anyone can set up a match i will gladly bet £1000 that Hiarcs, on an iPhone 4, would win over say a minimum of 6 games. I would even guess that Hiarcs will not lose any games.

If Hiarcs 13.xx on the iphone 4 is so strong then why doesn’t Chessbase or Applied Computer Concepts play a 2600+GM at 40 moves in 2 hours? It could say Hiarcs is the only program on a phone to beat a 2600+GM at 40 moves in 2 hours.
I checked GM Sergey Volkov was 2622 not 2682. GM Piotr Bobras was 2563 not 2655.
Mark


Ratings change. Why would CB pay for Hiarcs on a phone to play a match as they have nothing to do with the product. The match is unlikely to happen for a couple of reasons. The cost would be huge and the battle with the GM's is over, the computers have won Sad

If a Palm can do it in 2005 there is nothing to prove. Today's so called phones are actually hand held Computers. However if someone wants to set the match up and can find a sponsor we will be there. I doubt you will find a sponsor as the interest in these matches is, sadly, gone.
_________________
www.Hiarcs.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mark
Member


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey Williamson wrote:
mschribr wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

It is not ridiculous if anyone can set up a match i will gladly bet £1000 that Hiarcs, on an iPhone 4, would win over say a minimum of 6 games. I would even guess that Hiarcs will not lose any games.

If Hiarcs 13.xx on the iphone 4 is so strong then why doesn’t Chessbase or Applied Computer Concepts play a 2600+GM at 40 moves in 2 hours? It could say Hiarcs is the only program on a phone to beat a 2600+GM at 40 moves in 2 hours.
I checked GM Sergey Volkov was 2622 not 2682. GM Piotr Bobras was 2563 not 2655.
Mark


Ratings change. Why would CB pay for Hiarcs on a phone to play a match as they have nothing to do with the product. The match is unlikely to happen for a couple of reasons. The cost would be huge and the battle with the GM's is over, the computers have won Sad

If a Palm can do it in 2005 there is nothing to prove. Today's so called phones are actually hand held Computers. However if someone wants to set the match up and can find a sponsor we will be there. I doubt you will find a sponsor as the interest in these matches is, sadly, gone.


Well, I'd certainly be interested in seeing a match like this! My money would be on Hiarcs all the way.

I wonder if anyone knows a GM that could offer an opinion on the strength of chess programs on the iPhone?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mschribr
Member


Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 7
Full Name: Mark Schreiber
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsukrov wrote:
Not so many.
<20kNps in the early positions, like any other device.

They are not very different.

Do we know what the depth of the Hiarcs Pocket Fritz 4 is?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP