Chessmaster 11 - 19/10/07

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Wardy

Chessmaster 11 - 19/10/07

Post by Wardy »

Morning All,

Just noticed the first active link to purchase Chessmaster 11 for the pc, says it's due for release on 19/10 :D preordered mine at £14.99, bargain!

It may not play was well as Hiarcs (well at least the old King engine anyway) et al but it's a very pleasant GUI to use and the tutorials can be fun!

I've no idea what the engine is in this latest release but I do believe that it will be MP capable.

Anticipatory regards

Paul
Peter Skinner

Re: Chessmaster 11 - 19/10/07

Post by Peter Skinner »

Wardy wrote:Morning All,

Just noticed the first active link to purchase Chessmaster 11 for the pc, says it's due for release on 19/10 :D preordered mine at £14.99, bargain!

It may not play was well as Hiarcs (well at least the old King engine anyway) et al but it's a very pleasant GUI to use and the tutorials can be fun!

I've no idea what the engine is in this latest release but I do believe that it will be MP capable.

Anticipatory regards

Paul
Did you order from play.com?

Do you have any other information about it?
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Hi Peter,

Yes I did order from play.com - I have spent lots of money with these guys over the years on DVD's etc and haven't had any issues. I wasn't sure about mentioning commercial links on the forum which is why I was a bit cryptic!

I believe Harvey knows more but is sworn to secrecy - he made a posting on another forum ( :shock: ) after playing at Leiden (i think it was) where he'd had a conversation with Johan De Konig. From memory it will have more tutorials from Josh and be MP and I don't think it uses the King engine anymore but that's all I'm aware of.

All a bit vague I know but hey it's a new Chessmaster and I've just got to have it!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Wardy wrote:Hi Peter,

Yes I did order from play.com - I have spent lots of money with these guys over the years on DVD's etc and haven't had any issues. I wasn't sure about mentioning commercial links on the forum which is why I was a bit cryptic!

I believe Harvey knows more but is sworn to secrecy - he made a posting on another forum ( :shock: ) after playing at Leiden (i think it was) where he'd had a conversation with Johan De Konig. From memory it will have more tutorials from Josh and be MP and I don't think it uses the King engine anymore but that's all I'm aware of.

All a bit vague I know but hey it's a new Chessmaster and I've just got to have it!
Hi Paul,

Within reason I don't mind the odd commercial link particularly for a product like ChessMaster which many will be interested in.

The conversation I had with Johan at Leiden was that a new king would be released, as part of a new CM, and that it would be MP.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

OK cool!

I got some of the facts right..................... but apologies for mis-quoting you.

Do you happen to know if it is the version that took part at Leiden?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Wardy wrote:OK cool!

I got some of the facts right..................... but apologies for mis-quoting you.

Do you happen to know if it is the version that took part at Leiden?
I think the version at Leiden and the WCCC was if not the version a close version.