Deep Junior 11.1 - Available Now!

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Deep Junior 11.1 - Available Now!

Post by Harvey Williamson »

It is available from www.Hiarcs.com along with a brand new, in ctg format, opening book by GM Alon Greenfeld. More details on how to purchase very soon.

http://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-deep-junior.htm

Deep Junior 11.1 UCI chess engine

Suitable for all players including the World Chess Champion
Platform: PC MS Windows™ 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 (all versions including 32&64 bit)
Playing ability: World Chess Championship strength (3000+ Elo)
Engine authors: Amir Ban and Shay Bushinsky
Opening book author: GM Alon Greenfeld

Deep Junior has long been established as one of the world's premier chess playing engines and has won many World Computer Chess titles. Deep Junior 11.1 is as aggressive and attacking as ever with a wonderful sense for king attacks and dynamic play - an essential partner for any attack minded chess player. The Deep Junior chess program is unique in its understanding of compensation and therefore chess players of all standards can use Junior to gain a deep insight into their games and prepare new exciting lines involving sacrifices with confidence. The chess knowledge has naturally also been improved so Deep Junior 11.1 is the strongest ever Junior and capable of supporting up to 24 cores simultaneously for the ultimate performance.

Key features:

The latest premier Deep Junior 11.1 multi-processor edition chess engines in UCI form for use in all good chess GUIs

Strongest ever Junior chess engine, about 100 Elo stronger than Deep Junior 10.1. 32 and 64 bit versions.

Many time World Computer Chess Champion and the program that drew match with Kasparov

Unique and original Deep Junior 11.1 is essential for real chess players

New Junior 11 chess openings book by GM Alon Greenfeld in Chessbase ctg format with latest cutting edge theory
Integrated engine book for use where ctg cannot be used

Full set of configurable Deep Junior UCI engine parameters

Deep Junior 11.1 UCI is a PC Windows software download product only. It requires a GUI such as Fritz, Chessbase, Arena, Chess Assistant, Shredder, Chess Partner etc, that support UCI engines.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

That's really cool.

No discredit to the Junior team, but I find the news about the opening book by GM Greenfeld as interesting as the new engine is.

Were there other ctg books released by GM's?

It would be very interesting to hear some more about this book. Had he based it on his repertoire, on computer games, human games etc. I'm sure he won't be sharing all his prep in the book ;) but it would still be very interesting to read through it and see which lines he's focused on. If you could accompany the release with an interview with GM Greenfeld about his aim in the book and the process by which he created it that would make it even more interesting.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Highendman wrote:That's really cool.

No discredit to the Junior team, but I find the news about the opening book by GM Greenfeld as interesting as the new engine is.

Were there other ctg books released by GM's?

It would be very interesting to hear some more about this book. Had he based it on his repertoire, on computer games, human games etc. I'm sure he won't be sharing all his prep in the book ;) but it would still be very interesting to read through it and see which lines he's focused on. If you could accompany the release with an interview with GM Greenfeld about his aim in the book and the process by which he created it that would make it even more interesting.
Previous Junior's also had a GM book by Alterman I think. The interview is an interesting idea.
IA

Post by IA »

Excellent news :D , are the two programs that have the human-like playing style and the more you have fun playing chess, congratulations to the team Hiarcs and Junior by this movement so smart.

Now I pose two questions:

Will a version of Pocket Junior in the future...?

both programmers of Hiarcs and Junior will join forces as it did in its day Rebel and Tiger?

Regards.........
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

IA wrote:Excellent news :D , are the two programs that have the human-like playing style and the more you have fun playing chess, congratulations to the team Hiarcs and Junior by this movement so smart.

Now I pose two questions:

Will a version of Pocket Junior in the future...?

both programmers of Hiarcs and Junior will join forces as it did in its day Rebel and Tiger?

Regards.........
I guess a Pocket Junior could happen at some point. I think Junior and Hiarcs will keep their unique identities.
tomgdrums

Re: Coming Soon Deep Junior 11.1

Post by tomgdrums »

Harvey Williamson wrote:It will be available from www.Hiarcs.com along with a brand new, in ctg format, opening book by GM Alon Greenfeld. More details on how to purchase very soon.

http://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-deep-junior.htm

Deep Junior 11.1 UCI chess engine

Suitable for all players including the World Chess Champion
Platform: PC MS Windows™ 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7 (all versions including 32&64 bit)
Playing ability: World Chess Championship strength (3000+ Elo)
Engine authors: Amir Ban and Shay Bushinsky
Opening book author: GM Alon Greenfeld

Deep Junior has long been established as one of the world's premier chess playing engines and has won many World Computer Chess titles. Deep Junior 11.1 is as aggressive and attacking as ever with a wonderful sense for king attacks and dynamic play - an essential partner for any attack minded chess player. The Deep Junior chess program is unique in its understanding of compensation and therefore chess players of all standards can use Junior to gain a deep insight into their games and prepare new exciting lines involving sacrifices with confidence. The chess knowledge has naturally also been improved so Deep Junior 11.1 is the strongest ever Junior and capable of supporting up to 24 cores simultaneously for the ultimate performance.

Key features:

The latest premier Deep Junior 11.1 multi-processor edition chess engines in UCI form for use in all good chess GUIs

Strongest ever Junior chess engine, about 100 Elo stronger than Deep Junior 10.1. 32 and 64 bit versions.

Many time World Computer Chess Champion and the program that drew match with Kasparov

Unique and original Deep Junior 11.1 is essential for real chess players

New Junior 11 chess openings book by GM Alon Greenfeld in Chessbase ctg format with latest cutting edge theory
Integrated engine book for use where ctg cannot be used

Full set of configurable Deep Junior UCI engine parameters

Deep Junior 11.1 UCI is a PC Windows software download product only. It requires a GUI such as Fritz, Chessbase, Arena, Chess Assistant, Shredder, Chess Partner etc, that support UCI engines.

Hi Harvey!

This is pretty exciting!

How is this Junior different from the one that was released at World Chess Live a few months ago as part of their Bobby Junior package?

I am assuming it will be available for purchase here and I will be able to use it with the Shredder gui?

Will Junior now respond to the limit strength feature in the Shredder GUI as Hiarcs already does?

Thanks!

Tomg

ps. Are we closer to Hiarcs 13 as well? :)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

tomgdrums wrote: Hi Harvey!

This is pretty exciting!

How is this Junior different from the one that was released at World Chess Live a few months ago as part of their Bobby Junior package?

I am assuming it will be available for purchase here and I will be able to use it with the Shredder gui?

Thanks!

Tomg

H13 is getting closer.

Yes it will work in the shredder gui.
Werner
CEGT

Post by Werner »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Strongest ever Junior chess engine, about 100 Elo stronger than Deep Junior 10.1. 32 and 64 bit versions.
Hi Harvey,
this sounds to me like a bad joke. See here e.g. the differences between version 10.1 and 2010 - nearly 100 points.

198 Deep Junior 10.1 4CPU 2843
89 Deep Junior 2010 x64 4CPU 2928

221 Deep Junior 10.1 2CPU 2833
143 Deep Junior 2010 w32 2CPU 2895

So what´s the difference between these 2 engine versions ?
Is there any? Or is it the same engine after the promised update?

I am really a little bit confused :?

best wishes
Werner
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Harvey Williamson wrote:

This is pretty exciting!

Thanks!

Tomg

H13 is getting closer.

Thanks for replying! Will it have the limit strength feature that Hiarcs does?

Thanks again!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Harvey Williamson wrote:http://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-junior-options.htm parameters are listed here
It doesn't mention either way about the limit strength option. Hiarcs 12.1 does respond to this feature in the Shredder gui. I even checked the FAQ regarding Junior on the Hiarcs site and there is a question but no answer.

I am just curious as to whether it will have the limit strength function that Hiarcs does.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Werner wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:Strongest ever Junior chess engine, about 100 Elo stronger than Deep Junior 10.1. 32 and 64 bit versions.
Hi Harvey,
this sounds to me like a bad joke. See here e.g. the differences between version 10.1 and 2010 - nearly 100 points.

198 Deep Junior 10.1 4CPU 2843
89 Deep Junior 2010 x64 4CPU 2928

221 Deep Junior 10.1 2CPU 2833
143 Deep Junior 2010 w32 2CPU 2895

So what´s the difference between these 2 engine versions ?
Is there any? Or is it the same engine after the promised update?

I am really a little bit confused :?

best wishes
Werner
Hi Werner,

Early tests at game in 25 minutes show after 216 games
11.1 4CPU (+70 over Deep Junior 2010 w64 4CPU)
11.1 2CPU (+45 over Deep Junior 2010 w64 2CPU)

These are of course after just a few games at 1 time control so it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Best Wishes,
Harvey
Werner
CEGT

Post by Werner »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Hi Werner,
Early tests at game in 25 minutes show after 216 games
11.1 4CPU (+70 over Deep Junior 2010 w64 4CPU)
11.1 2CPU (+45 over Deep Junior 2010 w64 2CPU)
Best Wishes,
Harvey
Hi Harvey,
that´s not the answer I wanted to hear - I think I asked you something similar after your meeting with Amir :wink:
...but impressive results:
only 20 behind Deep Fritz 12 now
only 60 behind Deep Shredder 12 and
only 100 behind Stockfish 1.6 :oops:

best wishes
Werner
Thomas Wallendik

Post by Thomas Wallendik »

Harvey Williamson wrote:

This is pretty exciting!

Thanks!

Tomg

H13 is getting closer.

What are this information? Have Mark stopped the development of Hiarcs 13 for PC? If yes, today computerchess is ending for me, Computerchess without Hiarcs is not a good computerchess.

Hiarcs i my favorite program.

Can i buy Deep Junior 11.1 with paypal es paying-option?

Best

Thomas
TW
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Thomas Wallendik wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

This is pretty exciting!

Thanks!

Tomg

H13 is getting closer.

What are this information? Have Mark stopped the development of Hiarcs 13 for PC? If yes, today computerchess is ending for me, Computerchess without Hiarcs is not a good computerchess.

Hiarcs i my favorite program.

Can i buy Deep Junior 11.1 with paypal es paying-option?

Best

Thomas
No H13 will be here very soon. From the Shredder website you can buy Zappa. From the Hiarcs website you can buy Junior. Payment options will be the same as for Hiarcs through share it.