Novag Citrine Piece Sets

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Ted Summers

Novag Citrine Piece Sets

Post by Ted Summers »

Hey just and update, I ordered my Novag Citrine today. After downloading the Manual, Arena, and the Linux drivers. I started searching the web for even more info. I found that "The Chess Barron" sells a nice set of chess pieces (Margaret Anne Knight Staunton ) that work with the Citrine.

See link below:

http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/chess-X3001.htm
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Novag Citrine Piece Sets

Post by Steve B »

Ted Summers wrote:Hey just and update, I ordered my Novag Citrine today. After downloading the manual Arena, and the Linux drivers. I started searching the web for even more info. I found that "The Chess Barron" sells a nice set of chess pieces (Margaret Anne Knight Staunton ) that work with the Citrine.

See link below:

http://www.chessbaron.co.uk/chess-X3001.htm
hi Ted
glad you got the Citrine!any idea when it will arrive?

the pieces look great and i guess you confirmed they will fit the Citrine board?(Citrine uses smaller pieces then a tournament sized board)

as a hardcore XXX collector i of course would have to have the original pieces as well

when you get everything all set up and run on Arena please post the directions on how to do that here

i suspect many here would be interested in how to do that!

Wireless Regards
Steve
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

I don't know when it will arrive at this time, I called and they said hopefully in the next two weeks. I really don't care as long as I have it before Xmas. :lol: As for the pieces, they (The Chess Baron) sell them as part of a Enhanced version of the Citrine. By "Enhanced" it just means that these pieces are included with your order. So you get the Citrine plus the extra set of pieces for it. I ordered my Citrine from the Chess House for $297 (USD). When I do recieve the Citrine Steve, you can bet I'll post directions on how to set it up with Arena. :wink:

Thanks Again, for all of your help.

PS: The link posted earlier is if you want to buy the pieces only.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

I'd certainly be very interested in what you think of the Citrine and the Chess Baron pieces, I was looking at the combination only last week on the web. :D

Looking forward to your review regards

Paul
Jaimes Conda

Post by Jaimes Conda »

Ted Summers wrote:Hey just and update, I ordered my Novag Citrine today. After downloading the Manual, Arena, and the Linux drivers. I started searching the web for even more info.
Ted,Hello. Are you fed-up with the DGT board? Jaimes
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Jaimes Conda wrote:
Ted Summers wrote:Hey just and update, I ordered my Novag Citrine today. After downloading the Manual, Arena, and the Linux drivers. I started searching the web for even more info.
God no Jaimes. I love my DGT board and Pieces. Just been a very long time since I had a "Dedicated" unit. I've had some in the past, but I was to young and did not earn near as much cash as I do today, to own a dedicated Wooden Chess Computer! :lol: So the Citrine will be my 1st. I remember reading Chess Life back in the 80's and wishing I had $600 plus US Dollars to spend on a Wooden Chess Computer. So now as I continue to grow older, I am planning to go out with a "Bang"! :wink:
Jaimes Conda

Post by Jaimes Conda »

Ted Summers wrote:
Jaimes Conda wrote:
God no Jaimes. I love my DGT board and Pieces. Just been a very long time since I had a "Dedicated" unit. I've had some in the past, but I was to young and did not earn near as much cash as I do today, to own a dedicated Wooden Chess Computer! :lol: So the Citrine will be my 1st. I remember reading Chess Life back in the 80's and wishing I had $600 plus US Dollars to spend on a Wooden Chess Computer. So now as I continue to grow older, I am planning to go out with a "Bang"! :wink:
Ted,O.K you are forgiven.
I have recently been playing against ''Delfi'' a free software engine.The free download is only 1000 elo and very easy to beat but the 3D board is fantastic IMO. I do have a 19'' flat screen monitor and of course that may help.

A 2300 elo download engine is available for 20 euro which I am going to buy because I just like the 3D board.

Ted,try the free download and tell me what you think of the board.I am interested to know your opinion.

http://www.msbsoftware.it/delfi/delfigui.htm

Jaimes
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

I am also looking forward to your feedback.

But I don't understand what's going on with Novag : the Citrine is supposed to be out of sell and not relaunched before 2008 (this is what chess equipement sellers told me in Paris).

Pascal
Alain

Post by Alain »

Hi Pascal,
pgeorges wrote:I am also looking forward to your feedback.

But I don't understand what's going on with Novag : the Citrine is supposed to be out of sell and not relaunched before 2008 (this is what chess equipement sellers told me in Paris).

Pascal
may be if Novag has difficulties to send Citrine to all resellers, they make Paris's shop wait ? After all, I have never seen the Citrine for sale on Variante's web site, and I have never seen it on a Damier's adverstising, so it would not be surprising if Novag did not give French shops a high priority.

Or it is even worse and these shops lied to you with the hope of selling other products ?

no clue regards,
Alain