Clearing Hash?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Michael Mandrake

Clearing Hash?

Post by Michael Mandrake »

How to clear the hash when the engine is running and therefore cannot use engine manager 'clear hash' function because you have to stop the engine to get to engine manager. Now I just stop the engine and restart it again.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Clearing Hash?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Michael Mandrake wrote:How to clear the hash when the engine is running and therefore cannot use engine manager 'clear hash' function because you have to stop the engine to get to engine manager. Now I just stop the engine and restart it again.
Hi Michael,

Why do you want to clear hash while a game is being played?

You can always untick retain hash in the engine parameters.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
MJS0S

Re: Clearing Hash?

Post by MJS0S »

It sounds as if Michael is using infinite analysis rather than playing a game. If so, his objection is to having to completely restart the engine in order to clear the hash. Presumably he'd like simply to press the H key, for example. I'd like that too.
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Michael Mandrake wrote:How to clear the hash when the engine is running and therefore cannot use engine manager 'clear hash' function because you have to stop the engine to get to engine manager. Now I just stop the engine and restart it again.
Hi Michael,

Why do you want to clear hash while a game is being played?

You can always untick retain hash in the engine parameters.

Best Wishes,

Harvey