Zappa Mexico X 64 Versus Human being 2007

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:I've seen Tiger "Stonewalled" by human players.
Have you seen the special Tiger anti-human setting being stonewalled? The programmer took extra measures to avoid this, such as sacrificing a knight to keep the position open, and I remember not even Father could succeed against it.
If a program offered me a knight, it's dead. :lol:
Terry McCracken

Dylan Sharp wrote:Yes, my point is that this personality is supposed to break through those blockades, even sacrificing pieces if necessary. If this personality is unable to do what it claimed to do, then I'm obviously wrong, but I don't consider the game Father posted as proof (he drew by 3 fold repetition and that's unrelated).
You can't give up pieces. Maybe a pawn, but a center pawn really is too much.

It looks like Father has given you a game. :wink:
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

The Father's game (just like most of his games that he wins) just shows amazing premove and lag capabilities that make the engine lose on time, and the ability to close the position against dumb engines (dumb only on these situations, since they play at Super GM strength at the others)...

I keep talking about ChessTiger because it's the engine that claimed to solve the problem, by keeping the position open at all costs.

So, just show me a game in where you create this blockade, ChessTiger Anti-human (with contempt adjusted) sacrifices material to breakthrough, and then you win by using this material advantage, it's theoretically possible, but I have yet to see it.
Terry McCracken

Dylan Sharp wrote:The Father's game (just like most of his games that he wins) just shows amazing premove and lag capabilities that make the engine lose on time, and the ability to close the position against dumb engines (dumb only on these situations, since they play at Super GM strength at the others)...

I keep talking about ChessTiger because it's the engine that claimed to solve the problem, by keeping the position open at all costs.

So, just show me a game in where you create this blockade, ChessTiger Anti-human (with contempt adjusted) sacrifices material to breakthrough, and then you win by using this material advantage, it's theoretically possible, but I have yet to see it.
I haven't played Tiger or Gambit Tiger in years, but I have beaten it in Normal play. I don't like Anti-Computer techniques, especially Father's kind.

Where's the fun in that?

Terry

P.S. Some years ago Smirin(sp)? a 2700 GM, beat Tiger using a blockade.

I'd have to look up the details. The match was against 4 ChessBase programs, in 2002 IIRC.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

I liked the stonewalls when they were a novelty to me, but I got bored of them long time ago. And, we were discussing about the problem of blockades being solved or not, I consider it solved if the engine can break through the blockade and win.

Larry Kaufman claims that the next Rybka 3.0 will be able to breakthrough these blockades at its default settings, if true, I wonder what will Father invent to drag the games to +300 moves ;)
Terry McCracken

Dylan Sharp wrote:I liked the stonewalls when they were a novelty to me, but I got bored of them long time ago. And, we were discussing about the problem of blockades being solved or not, I consider it solved if the engine can break through the blockade and win.

Larry Kaufman claims that the next Rybka 3.0 will be able to breakthrough these blockades at its default settings, if true, I wonder what will Father invent to drag the games to +300 moves ;)
He'll find something I'm sure, but only Father Knows Best Regards,
Terry