Hiarcs 11.2 v Zappa Mexico

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
overtond

Hiarcs 11.2 v Zappa Mexico

Post by overtond »

A few questions for Mark:
- How does 11.2 compare to Zappa Mexico - any results or insights you would be prepared to share on this forum?
- How much stronger do you anticipate 12 will be over 11.2 (I have assumed 12 is next) and when do you see 12 being made available?
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Re: Hiarcs 11.2 v Zappa Mexico

Post by Mark Uniacke »

overtond wrote:A few questions for Mark:
- How does 11.2 compare to Zappa Mexico - any results or insights you would be prepared to share on this forum?
- How much stronger do you anticipate 12 will be over 11.2 (I have assumed 12 is next) and when do you see 12 being made available?
We have not really tested against Zappa Mexico and if we did I doubt 11.2 would be tested much as we are working on the new version.

I would guess that on single processor and dual cores that 11.2 would hold an advantage at blitz/rapid but longer time controls would start to favour Mexico. On quad and octa core machines then Zappa should hold an advantage for anything longer than blitz. That's all an educated guess though.

I will not know how much stronger H12 will be but rest assured it will be significantly stronger as I won't release unless it is. It will be available when its ready as I don't work to a date but I hope it will be before Christmas but it might not be.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com