Do you think Rybka can come back to ...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.

Win
13%
Tie
No votes
Nither
87%

Total votes: 15

Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Win

or

Tie

or

Nither

The Match vs Zappa in Mexico???
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Of course I think that Rybka can make a comeback and win, and it wouldn't surprise me, but still I hope "she" doesn't.
Sebastian Boehme

Post by Sebastian Boehme »

I bet Rybka will not come back,
although I also assume that the Rybka team will now try something very risky to maybe still be capable of winning this match.

I still ain't sure where they could try to be more risky, but maybe they change their openings or whatever. Anyway Zappa will find a way to react :D

Regards,
Sebastian
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Sebastian Boehme wrote:I bet Rybka will not come back,
although I also assume that the Rybka team will now try something very risky to maybe still be capable of winning this match.

I still ain't sure where they could try to be more risky, but maybe they change their openings or whatever. Anyway Zappa will find a way to react :D

Regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

I hope they (Rybka Team) do try something risky, and I hope it back-fires. I already don't like the fact that they keep changing engine versions. I think that the Zappa team should for the next two games at least keep doing what they've been doing so far. Then and only then keep the game in safe channels.

Look forward to Team Zappa being able to say we beat the best that Rybka had to offer. We in the Butt Kickin Business and Business is GOOD!!

You are doing a GREAT JOB, Erdo. No matter what happens I say to you Thank You for all your effords.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Dylan Sharp wrote:Of course I think that Rybka can make a comeback and win, and it wouldn't surprise me, but still I hope "she" doesn't.
I think the opposite.
I think that rybka cannot come back but I hope she does.

Uri
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Ted Summers wrote:
Sebastian Boehme wrote:I bet Rybka will not come back,

Regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

I hope they (Rybka Team) do try something risky, and I hope it back-fires. I already don't like the fact that they keep changing engine versions. I think that the Zappa team should for the next two games at least keep doing what they've been doing so far. Then and only then keep the game in safe channels.

Look forward to Team Zappa being able to say we beat the best that Rybka had to offer. We in the Butt Kickin Business and Business is GOOD!!

You are doing a GREAT JOB, Erdo. No matter what happens I say to you Thank You for all your effords.
I do not understand what is your problem with the fact that they change engine version.

It is clearly their right like the right to change their book between games.

Uri
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Hi,
Can we vote on the correct spelling of the first option :D I believe it is `neither ` lol

Of course it is poss for Rybka to come back but I think it unlikely ... Switching to 1.d4 might give more chances ... So far it seems Zap has out-booked Rybka at least in heading for positions it does well in.

Regards
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Hi Uri,

I think the Rybka Team should stick with one version, their best one. That's my opinion. Even if the Junior team were playing this match, I don't think they would have this let's keep changing the engine version crap. I could be wrong. Everyone on the Rybka should have had time to prepare for Zappa Mexico. It's games were all over Playchess. Did Zappa have time to prepare for your (Rybka's Team) three different versions?? Is this a Match or a Tournament. It's starting to seem like an Exhibition.

It's like a car race where your team keeps switching cars. Even if though there is nothing wrong with the car your in. 8) Hard to tell which car is the fastest under those conditions.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Well, the original reason that I wanted Zappa to win is not longer valid, since the losses of the Rybka team would not help to Rybka's development (They could buy Zappa Mexico and try to tweak against it at home).

My new reason is that I like the playing style of Zappa much better, and I think it deserves to win (I don't care if its programmer lied about not working on it anymore, as it would be Vas' fault to not work to his fullest on Rybka thinking that there was no threat of another engine and getting overconfident, if that was the case).