ELO level of Experienced

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

dshmeh

ELO level of Experienced

Post by dshmeh »

What is the approximate ELO rating of the Experienced level? Thanks.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: ELO level of Experienced

Post by Harvey Williamson »

dshmeh wrote:What is the approximate ELO rating of the Experienced level? Thanks.
I am not sure I understand your question can you be more specific?

Best Wishes,
Harvey
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

If you mean when the player is not a newbie anymore I think that the rating could be around 1000. That's enough rating to beat all newbies on chess. I was like that at the beginning, I could beat any opposition that was new to the game yet I was very weak.

Then there's the definition that includes that players so weak are not playing chess at all, and just move their pieces aimlessly trying to get pieces and checkmate the enemy king without knowing if they're winning or losing really.

If experienced then means leaving that phase and actually knowing what is going on, and playing a real chess game now and then (But still having poor tactical and positional abilities) I'd say an experienced player has a rating of about 1600.

If you only count chess players from there to above (since weaker players aren't playing chess at all by previous definitions) then an experienced player (An "experienced experienced player") would have about 2000 rating.

And even higher ratings could be supposed to players if you use "experienced" and "advanced" as synonyms. So it really depends on what do you mean by "experienced" and in what context do you use it.

I've been playing chess for several years meaning that I should be an experienced player but I'm really weak, so experience doesn't always equal strength, and a player that has less experience but it's better at the game will have a higher ELO than me so experience loses relevance.
dshmeh

Post by dshmeh »

The Palm version of Hiarcs has about 10 "instant sparring" levels. I was asking about the level that says "Experienced". I wanted to know what the ELO would be for that rating. I read that the instant sparring levels go from about 750 to 2000 ELO.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Experienced is about 1000 Elo.

The instant sparring levels range from about 750-1250 Elo.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com