A bug in Hiarcs12SP UCI!?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

dr_zied_haddad

A bug in Hiarcs12SP UCI!?

Post by dr_zied_haddad »

Hi all,
can Mark focus on the following statement?
When making engine vs engine matches using specific testset positions for the matches (which means usually no Book allowed), and without implementing Hiarcs own Book or downloading on the Fritz10 GUI a book, we noticed that eventually H12 plays extremely fast in the opening (may be using intrinsec implemented Book). For more details see the following link: http://64.68.157.89/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21016&start=0

Have someone noticed this? Is a a bug in the engine? i don't think it's a GUI Bug because i've already done thousands of matches between various engines and i never noticed this before. The same "problem" exists with H2007PB SP UCI engine. I haven't purshased the chessbase engines, can someone test this specific feature with the chessbase engines?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: A bug in Hiarcs12SP UCI!?

Post by Harvey Williamson »

dr_zied_haddad wrote:Hi all,
can Mark focus on the following statement?
When making engine vs engine matches using specific testset positions for the matches (which means usually no Book allowed), and without implementing Hiarcs own Book or downloading on the Fritz10 GUI a book, we noticed that eventually H12 plays extremely fast in the opening (may be using intrinsec implemented Book). For more details see the following link: http://64.68.157.89/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21016&start=0

Have someone noticed this? Is a a bug in the engine? i don't think it's a GUI Bug because i've already done thousands of matches between various engines and i never noticed this before. The same "problem" exists with H2007PB SP UCI engine. I haven't purshased the chessbase engines, can someone test this specific feature with the chessbase engines?
It is not a bug just switch own book off in the engine parameters when you set up your tournament/match.
dr_zied_haddad

Re: A bug in Hiarcs12SP UCI!?

Post by dr_zied_haddad »

Hi Harvey, when i run the matches the own book was set on, but there was no book in the file where i installed H12. What could be the explaination? Is H12 capable of recognizing it's o<n book installed elsewhere or is there an own book implemented in the engine (like knowledge)?
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

The book is installed elsewhere (somewhere in My Documents, I think).
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

You need to turn the own book off. The details about where to find the own book are in the readme.txt file supplied with the engine you can also read this http://www.hiarcs.com/pc_uci_options.htm look at the openings book options.

Moves from the own book are given a value of 0.01 or -0.01 as we found that giving them 0.00 the GUI would offer a draw in the opening.