Info please

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

DoS

Info please

Post by DoS »

Hi everybody,I'm a new member, I wonder is anyone doing any work on a cheap interface from Arena GUI to a normal chess set. Perhaps I can make this a bit clearer.
I have a very nice chess set, that a work love to be able to use with Arena and all the free chess engines. I think this could be done by perhaps useing reed relays and magnets on the board and the a interface cable between the board and computer. And then a small program for the working out of the moves.
I would make a move on my board, and this would be sent to the Arena GUI and it would respond. I would have move for it on the board ofcause.
I know that you can buy chess computer that do this, but I would like to use my own board and set.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Info please

Post by Harvey Williamson »

DoS wrote:Hi everybody,I'm a new member, I wonder is anyone doing any work on a cheap interface from Arena GUI to a normal chess set. Perhaps I can make this a bit clearer.
I have a very nice chess set, that a work love to be able to use with Arena and all the free chess engines. I think this could be done by perhaps useing reed relays and magnets on the board and the a interface cable between the board and computer. And then a small program for the working out of the moves.
I would make a move on my board, and this would be sent to the Arena GUI and it would respond. I would have move for it on the board ofcause.
I know that you can buy chess computer that do this, but I would like to use my own board and set.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I will ask Christopher Conkie who works on Arena and is a member here to read your post.

Best Wishes,
Harvey