Difference between Fritz11 and HIARCS 12

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

PortCitySlim

Difference between Fritz11 and HIARCS 12

Post by PortCitySlim »

I was wondering if the only difference between Fritz11 and HIARCS 12 is the chess engine. I was wanting to buy Fritz11 but heard that HIARCS is stronger but I still want all the training features that Fritz 11 has. Also was wondering if these programs will work on Vista Ultimate 64 and if they can use both processors on my dual processor computer. I have Chessmaster 11 and it works fine on my computer with both processors and 64bit operating system but I was wanting to try a new program like Fritz or HIARCS and dont want to spend the extra money to buy the "deep" versions of these to have a better analysis partner then Chessmaster 11. I had posted a similar question on another thread but didnt know if I had put it in the right place. Thanks for any advice or help I can get from you guys
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Difference between Fritz11 and HIARCS 12

Post by Harvey Williamson »

PortCitySlim wrote:I was wondering if the only difference between Fritz11 and HIARCS 12 is the chess engine. I was wanting to buy Fritz11 but heard that HIARCS is stronger but I still want all the training features that Fritz 11 has. Also was wondering if these programs will work on Vista Ultimate 64 and if they can use both processors on my dual processor computer. I have Chessmaster 11 and it works fine on my computer with both processors and 64bit operating system but I was wanting to try a new program like Fritz or HIARCS and dont want to spend the extra money to buy the "deep" versions of these to have a better analysis partner then Chessmaster 11. I had posted a similar question on another thread but didnt know if I had put it in the right place. Thanks for any advice or help I can get from you guys

yes you will get all the training features of Frtz and it will work in Vista. You will need to buy Deep Hiarcs for it to use both CPU's. It will be much stronger than Chessmaster.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Will HIARCS 12 be stronger than Fritz11? Everything I have read so far leads me to think so, I really want to try one of the Chessbase engines and HIARCS 12 is the newest one and supposed to be the strongest. I am only a class C chess player so I don't think I need the "deep" version I just wanted to make sure that HIARCS 12 will be better than Chessmaster 11 using only one 2.2 ghz core of my processor.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

PortCitySlim wrote:Will HIARCS 12 be stronger than Fritz11? Everything I have read so far leads me to think so, I really want to try one of the Chessbase engines and HIARCS 12 is the newest one and supposed to be the strongest. I am only a class C chess player so I don't think I need the "deep" version I just wanted to make sure that HIARCS 12 will be better than Chessmaster 11 using only one 2.2 ghz core of my processor.
yes easily better than CM and F11 can only use 1 core there is no deep Fritz yet but Deep Hiarcs will be available.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Thanks a lot Harvey you have been very helpful and quick to answer my posts, I will definitely but HIARCS 12 now. I am in the US so I think www.chesscentral.com is the best place to order it from, they have it listed at $59.95 and it ships on March 31st.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

PortCitySlim wrote:Thanks a lot Harvey you have been very helpful and quick to answer my posts, I will definitely but HIARCS 12 now. I am in the US so I think www.chesscentral.com is the best place to order it from, they have it listed at $59.95 and it ships on March 31st.
That sounds like the price for the single core version. if you want it to use both cores of your machine you need to buy Deep Hiarcs.
PortCitySlim

Post by PortCitySlim »

Yes 59.95 is the single core version, which brings up another question; If i buy the single core version and want to upgrade to deep hiarcs will I have to buy the whole program or is there a way way I can download the MC version for cheaper than just buying it outright?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

PortCitySlim wrote:Yes 59.95 is the single core version, which brings up another question; If i buy the single core version and want to upgrade to deep hiarcs will I have to buy the whole program or is there a way way I can download the MC version for cheaper than just buying it outright?
If your buying the CB version you need to talk to your supplier about upgrade policy. If you want the GUI which it sounds like you do then you need the CB version. You can buy the engine only from us but all you get is engine + book and no GUI.
carlos42

Post by carlos42 »

Lucky me ! i have just read that Deep Hiarcs 12 is coming out on March 12th , so i ordered it !!!! I bought a quad -core so i will test Hiarcs against Rybka , Naum and Zappa .

Someone asked if Hiarcs is better than Fritz . Although Fritz 11 shows improvements compared to the former version i bet Hiarcs is better ( English are better tactically and strategically than the Germans :lol: )

If i should recommend chess programs i would always say Hiarcs and Rybka .

My regards

Carlos