HIARCS Headbangers vs Highendman - Game 2 - (1/2 - 1/2)

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

btw - although it made no 'match sense' I spent a day during the weekend analysing that end-game road not taken, and I'm now almost certain (to the point I'd had played it instead of that qd8) it is indeed drawn.

Your team has outplayed me in both games - I believe (hope) I'll draw both, but I was still outplayed. My mental excuse is that these were my first games ever in a 48 hour per move t/c, and I now much better understand the strategy / opening that I should use is these t/c; whomever plays me next in this t/c will find a much stronger opponent thanks to you :wink:
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

I think that in your postgame readings of our forum team postings and analysis, you'll find that we are quite truthful in saying right now that we're very honored and humbled by your statement. :-)
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

Shahar,

well regardless of what may be the result, I think those on our team have learnt a lot from these games.

They're not over yet though so lets see where the winding paths lead!
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

23.Ne2
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

Thank you for your kind comments.

23. ..Ng3
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

24.Nxg3
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

24. ..Qxg3
Hetman

Post by Hetman »

Highendman wrote:
Your team has outplayed me in both games - I believe (hope) I'll draw both, but I was still outplayed.
Hi,

you are very polite and wise :-).

There is no talk about outplaying. ;-)

Your treatment of Czech System in Pirc is very interesting and good. I have applied it to check it in some OTB games with the success.

Rgds
Hetman
GOD is the best Friend of the humans.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

25.Rf3 for us
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

I'm sure this had a lot of interesting discussions before you've opted for this move.

Quite interesting, but my analysis, which I am not at all sure is correct, your move wasn't the best White plan I've found.

I'm eagerly looking forward to finding out how you plan to convert this game, and rest assured I'll do my best to thwart your efforts :wink:

[EDIT] - just to make sure - no disrespect was intended in my comment above. I am not at all sure the White plan I came up with is better. After all you are in the driving seat in this game.
Last edited by Highendman on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

25. ..Qg4
WinKing

Post by WinKing »

Highendman wrote:I'm sure this had a lot of interesting discussions before you've opted for this move.

Quite interesting, but my analysis, which I am not at all sure is correct, your move wasn't the best White plan I've found.

I'm eagerly looking forward to finding out how you plan to convert this game, and rest assured I'll do my best to thwart your efforts :wink:

[EDIT] - just to make sure - no disrespect was intended in my comment above. I am not at all sure the White plan I came up with is better. After all you are in the driving seat in this game.
No disrespect taken here. :) There were 5 or 6 other moves we were looking at. A difficult choice.:? Looking forward to post game analysis. 8)
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

Thanks WinKing - as do I.

It's a beautiful position in the sense that chess engines (at least those I know) really have little value in it ;)

White needs a decent plan, and the engines can help blunder check as well as see if that plan could work, after you take them far enough down your plan.

I'm really curious to compare thought process later.

I almost don't regret any more not going for that liquidation ending I had planned earlier (that 'road not taken' discussion we had earlier in the thread) as defending this current ending is going to be a lot of fun for me.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

26.a4 with about 50 mins to spare :D
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

I had no doubt you'll answer on time :)

26. ..a5