Highendman vs HIARCS Headbangers - Game 1 - Result 1 - 0

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

we have appointed a vice-captain to prevent these happenings :)
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

That's super. But this game has flagged. It's now, according to what I'm seeing, 48 hours + a couple of minutes since I've made my move.

I wouldn't be bringing this up had this not been the second time now?

My post shows my move was made on October 28th, 11:26pm.
My second post asking if this game has flagged was made, again according to this site and what I see on my screen, at October 30 at 11:28pm. 48 hours + 2 minutes.

Unless I'm having a mental stroke and I'm seeing (bad) visions.

It's kind of odd, if this is right, for your esteemed team to have flagged on both our separate games? Or what am I missing?
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

NATIONAL12 wrote:we have appointed a vice-captain to prevent these happenings :)
just for (and I'll use the family friendly term here) "grins and giggles"... who is/was it btw? :lol:
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Highendman wrote:That's super. But this game has flagged. It's now, according to what I'm seeing, 48 hours + a couple of minutes since I've made my move.

My second post asking if this game has flagged was made, again according to this site and what I see on my screen, at October 30 at 11:28pm. 48 hours + 2 minutes.

It's kind of odd, if this is right, for your esteemed team to have flagged on both our separate games? Or what am I missing?
nope you are correct in everything you say.Darkhorse told us 3 hours ago she was posting our move in 1 hour.which was,not that it matters now 29...Nef7.not much more i can say.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Highendman wrote:That's super. But this game has flagged. It's now, according to what I'm seeing, 48 hours + a couple of minutes since I've made my move.

Your time keeping looks right - not sure where DH is she posted a couple of hours ago that she would post our move soon.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Watchman wrote:
NATIONAL12 wrote:we have appointed a vice-captain to prevent these happenings :)
just for (and I'll use the family friendly term here) "grins and giggles"... who is/was it btw? :lol:
oh sorry i missed a word out.we should have :)
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

Esteemed team - first time this has happened I passed and did not claim flag out of sportsmanship, love of the game, this not being more than bragging rights match and not wanting to put Dark Horse in a difficult position.

However twice in a row irrespective of circumstances is too much and is just lack of respect to our game.

I've just decided to not take the night to think this over and respond in a less pissed off mood and instead I'm claiming flag and 1:0.

That's not how I wanted to win this game! :(
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

Shahar,

I apologise, though it this did not happen out of a lack of respect.

Harvey message for you in the mod thread.

Agnes
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Highendman wrote:Esteemed team - first time this has happened I passed and did not claim flag out of sportsmanship, love of the game, this not being more than bragging rights match and not wanting to put Dark Horse in a difficult position.

However twice in a row irrespective of circumstances is too much and is just lack of respect to our game.

I've just decided to not take the night to think this over and respond in a less pissed off mood and instead I'm claiming flag and 1:0.

That's not how I wanted to win this game! :(
IMHO and i speak only for myself you are entitled to do this,otherwise time controls are meaningless.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

true
Highendman

Post by Highendman »

With some time having past since last night and me having cooled off, I'd like to take back my ill thought comment of this incident showing disrespect on your team's side.

It was spoken in haste and when I was angry and disappointed with the game ending that way.

I absolutely know your team has taken this game very seriously and spent as much time as I have if not much more analysing it and pursuing promising and fun avenues.

Not that it is mine to comment about, but I can only regret that with such worthy opponents as yourselves, you had not taken care of having a contingency in place for making sure moves were posted on time.

Especially in light of this having happened just a couple of days earlier. To explain where my regrettable comment came from: It was out of disappointed and shock that this has happened again. And frustration at your team having now left me with no reasonable choice but to make the flag move. I assumed some of you were online tracking the game, as feedback to my inquiry on whether the game has flagged was immediate - yet despite your team online, no one took the time to check if a move has been played or playing it on time instead.

I hope you accept my apology for my unkind and ill thought retort of last night. Had I been in your shoes, I'm sure I would be quite upset too!

I hold each of you in the utmost respect and want to thank you personally for this game. I am very sorry about this outcome and I trust so are you.
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Shahar,

Thank you for your response on this. I'm glad that you no longer see this as a point of disrespect from our side, as that definitely would have hurt more than the loss.

It is a strange matter that we didn't have a co-captain for making the move in case something happened, especially after the first time. We were talking about that last night--how it could have occurred that we didn't do this after the first time, and we cannot figure it out very well. In fact, unless I am mistaken and overlooked something, there weren't any posts by anyone about doing this, in spite of the fact that things like this occasionally happen. Indeed, when I was the captain of the Rybka Warriors, I was saved by our co-captain when I was caught in a traffic jam on the way back from the store and unable to make our move. In spite of this, it still didn't jump into my mind that we needed a co-captain--I was just too concentrated on the game and using various analysis methods, as well as other stuff going on outside of the game. I guess it was a similar situation for our other team members.

Anyway, out of curiosity, what was your bust against 20...Ba6 ? I had that black was okay after 20...Ba6 21.Nc3 Bxe2 22.Nxe2 Ne5 23.Nxf4 Nh6 24.Nd5 Nhf7 25.Bc7 Ra4. Was this the main line you examined, with the idea that white's a- and b-pawns would be enough to make for a potentially winning endgame? Or were you looking more along the lines of an alternative line, like 21.Nc7 Bxe2 22.Kxe2 Rb8 23.Bg1 Ne5 24.Bh2 Nh6 25.Bxf4 Nhf7 ? I think that black's pieces are better coordinated here, though the evaluations I have are the same.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

Shahar, you were well within your rights to claim the win the first time as well, those of use who play competitive chess would not contest it, thanks that you agreed to play on then, what happened yesterday was sheer bad luck but I am surprised that no one responded immediately to your post yesterday
WinKing

Post by WinKing »

Thanks for engaging us in these games Highendman. You truly are a worthy opponent. Someday soon, I hope,
we will be playing on the same team. :)
Hetman

Post by Hetman »

Hi,

we have 'outplayed' ;-) HEM according to His words but lost the match :-(.

Congrats to HEM.

Rgds
Hetman
GOD is the best Friend of the humans.