Richter-Rauzer Attack

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Tony Hedlund
SSDF

Richter-Rauzer Attack

Post by Tony Hedlund »

A while back the forum played a game against one of Steve's dedicated units. I convinced the team to choose a line in the above opening. The reason for that was, that I played a cc-game in that line and had looked alot on it. My game are now finished and I manage to win. Here's the game:

[Event "Alhambra"]
[Site "ICCF-server"]
[Date "2007"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Hedlund, Tony"]
[Black "Vosahlik, Jiri"]
[WhiteElo "2537"]
[BlackElo "2596"]
[ECO "B66"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 d6 6. Bg5
e6 7. Qd2 a6 8. O-O-O h6 9. Nxc6 bxc6 10. Bf4 d5 11. Qe3
Bb4 12. Be2 O-O 13. e5 Nd7 14. Qg3 Kh8 15. Qh3 Bxc3
16. Qxc3 Qb6 17. Rd3 f6 18. Rf3 c5 19. Qd2 Ra7 20. exf6
Rxf6 21. Re1 e5 22. Bg3 Rb7 23. c4 d4 24. Bd3 Rxf3 25. gxf3
Kg8 26. h4 Rb8 27. f4 e4 28. Bxe4 Nf6 29. Bg6 Bd7 30. f5
Rf8 31. Re7 Qd8 32. Qe1 Kh8 33. b3 Ng8 34. Re5 Qb6 35. Rd5
Bc6 36. Rd6 Rf6 37. Re6 Qd8 38. h5 Bd7 39. Re5 Qf8 40. Kd1
Rd6 41. Bh4 Rc6 42. Rd5 Qc8 43. Bf7 Rb6 44. f3 1-0
Tony, SSDF
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Congrats on your win Tony but did you HAVE to mention my loss here??
it is only just now..after more then a year.. that i was just beginning to forget it

:cry: Regards :cry:
Steve

P.S. :P
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

Congratulations Tony!
Tony Hedlund
SSDF

Post by Tony Hedlund »

Steve B wrote:Congrats on your win Tony but did you HAVE to mention my loss here??
it is only just now..after more then a year.. that i was just beginning to forget it

Steve

Is it a year ago! Where do the time go.
Now I've got just one game to finish before I can take on the forum. I need a victory there to win the tournament, but I'm afraid it's a dead draw.
Tony, SSDF
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Tony Hedlund wrote:
Steve B wrote:Congrats on your win Tony but did you HAVE to mention my loss here??

Steve

Is it a year ago! Where do the time go.
Now I've got just one game to finish before I can take on the forum. I need a victory there to win the tournament, but I'm afraid it's a dead draw.
speaking of draws in Correspondence games these days..
many years ago in the late 1970's and early 1980's (probably before you were born.. :P ..)..long before the advent of commercial PC engines..i entered several USCF sanctioned correspondence tournaments
IIRC draws were not all too common back then(at least at my level of play)
i dont have any exact statistics on that but my cloudy memory recalls something like 1 in 4 games drawn or about 25%

my CC rating in those days hovered around 2000 Elo so i realize that is far lower then the level you play at ..still i am curious to know if draws are about the same,more or less today

what would you say the percentage of draws are today in Correspondence chess at your level and if significantly higher then 25% what do you attribute that too?

i only realized the large number of draws at the top levels by following all of the Hiarcs teams games here
basically draw after draw ..regardless of how offbeat and obscure the opening(not to forget the win against me and of course the brilliant trouncing of the Russian team in the second game)

Drawn To Inquire Regards
Steve
Tony Hedlund
SSDF

Post by Tony Hedlund »

Steve B wrote:
what would you say the percentage of draws are today in Correspondence chess at your level and if significantly higher then 25% what do you attribute that too?

Steve
I've got 5 wins and 17 draws in my resent 17 games. I would say it's close to 75%. And it's of course due to computer assistent. You don't do any tactical errors anymore. If you don't outprepare your opponent in the opening or early middlegame, then it's a draw. That's one reason why I consider to withdraw from cc.
Tony, SSDF
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Tony Hedlund wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Steve
I've got 5 wins and 17 draws in my resent 17 games. I would say it's close to 75%. And it's of course due to computer assistent. You don't do any tactical errors anymore. If you don't outprepare your opponent in the opening or early middlegame, then it's a draw. That's one reason why I consider to withdraw from cc.
75% draw ratio
wow..seems the Royal game is becoming a moot exercise from a competitive aspect sadly
perhaps the CC world can adopt to this changing landscape and have draws simply not counted in tournament results and only win/losses
not a perfect solution and with obvious drawbacks .. but at least it might help keep competitive players like you still interested
anyway..with 5 wins and no losses i think you might want to reconsider leaving CC chess..
my own motto is ..if i am engaged in an activitiy where i never lose..i tend to stay put ..
personally and sadly.. i cant think of anything that fits that description nowadays

Best Regards
Steve