The Gladiators v Icy Shark Bar (Match Comments)

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Maestro V wrote:You are not alone. I don't know also.
Maestro V, since your team wanted a christmas break we're waiting for the date proposal of the second game. We also like to know what time control do you want to play.

We are ready for the second game.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

NATIONAL12 wrote:can you get in touch with other members of your team and let us know if you wish to play 48 hrs max from last move and date you wish to start.to clarify one thing in 48 if you move in say 3 hours we have 48 from this move and vice versa,it can speed up the game and neither team should miss a time control.
I have no idea. I post on my team forum but get no answers from them.
Probably they will accept Dylan Sharp time control conditions.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Ok, really strange. We accepte Dylan's time control conditions.
I got a message that we play 1.d4
Make a special topic for moves like in 1 games please.
Because of this confused situation you can send the 1st move when you want( less than 1 week if possible)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Maestro V wrote:Ok, really strange. We accepte Dylan's time control conditions.
I got a message that we play 1.d4
Make a special topic for moves like in 1 games please.
Because of this confused situation you can send the 1st move when you want( less than 1 week if possible)
The new thread is here http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1968
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

I couldn't post, because had an interrogation in university.
They knew it, but forgot to post anyway( cos they were at work ).
My team would like to know if you wish continue the game ?
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

We're discussing the issue at the moment.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

We've decided to let it pass, but only this time around, ok? ;)

Think about this time control like this: You have 24 hours to decide on a move, and extra 24 so you can post the move at any time, for a total of 48, but using the 48 hours is risky as the chance of forfeiting on time increases with every minute. So, if you're not 100% sure that the move will be posted in time, post it the day before, even if you use less than 36 or 24 hours.

A future overstep of the time limit will immediately end the game, be careful.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:We've decided to let it pass, but only this time around, ok? ;)

Think about this time control like this: You have 24 hours to decide on a move, and extra 24 so you can post the move at any time, for a total of 48, but using the 48 hours is risky as the chance of forfeiting on time increases with every minute. So, if you're not 100% sure that the move will be posted in time, post it the day before, even if you use less than 36 or 24 hours.

A future overstep of the time limit will immediately end the game, be careful.
Ok, thx you :)
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Hi, I'd like to know if you are still interested in a christmas break and when would that happen?
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:Hi, I'd like to know if you are still interested in a christmas break and when would that happen?
Good question. I will ask.
And you ? Do you need a break ?
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

I don't need it, and I haven't asked my teammates, I was just curious (I don't want a surprise christmas break to come out of the blue, so I asked if that was still planned.)

My last two posts in this thread represent Dylan Sharp, they don't represent the Icy Shark Bar team.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:I don't need it, and I haven't asked my teammates, I was just curious (I don't want a surprise christmas break to come out of the blue, so I asked if that was still planned.)

My last two posts in this thread represent Dylan Sharp, they don't represent the Icy Shark Bar team.
Yes, we (they) need a break. Probably around 31december- 4 january. But need to confirm the exact days.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

ok, we would like to have 1 week of break. 31 dec -7 jan(included) if possible. There some reasons: Tournament in Spain, Vodka ...
A longer break is also possible for exemple 2 weeks if you want.
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

How about December 25 through January 7? I think we have some people on our team (including myself) who are traveling and cannot participate much before New Years.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

turbojuice1122 wrote:How about December 25 through January 7? I think we have some people on our team (including myself) who are traveling and cannot participate much before New Years.
No problem. But only if your capitain Dylan confirm it before 26 december.