The Gladiators v Icy Shark Bar (Match Comments)

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Or this game could easily last another 20 halfmoves.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for your answer on the chess960 proposal. It seems communication through the forum is faster than email.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:Or this game could easily last another 20 halfmoves.
Anyway, I'm still waiting for your answer on the chess960 proposal. It seems communication through the forum is faster than email.
Whould be easy we calclulated all until to end.
My team want to play first a second classical game with white.(you black)
And after this game we can play Chess 960.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Ok, I'm proposing this time control for the second game:

- 48 hours per move.

- The clock starts running at the moment the opponent has moved (not a fixed hour of the day.)

- The unused hours disappear (they don't get added to the opponent's clock.)

Advantages:

- You can post the move whenever you like within the 48 hours without worrying that the opponent will get extra time.

- You don't need to use meta-game strategy for time management (that's what I've been using, at least.)

- Keep it simple! The 48 hours stay like they are, unlike the time control we have now in where you always get more than 24 hours depending on when the opponent moves, and it could become 48 hours if the opponent moves 1 minute after the forfeit zone, that doesn't make sense.

- In obvious moves like recaptures very few time can be spent on the moves and the game advances quickly, unlike the time control we have now that basically forces both teams to use 24 hours per move unless conditionals are offered. With the current system it can take 96 hours(!) to make 4 obvious moves, on the new system these moves can be played within 24 hours.

- Less confusion as all members can just check the last time of the opponent's move to know when the next move should be posted, unlike now that many people still don't get how the "time not used belongs to the opponent" works based on an arbitrary fixed time of the day.

- When you want to speed up the game you just move fast, unlike now in where moving fast gives the unused time to the opponent.

- 48 hours are enough to be handled by one person and you don't even need co-captains (though 1 is still recommended in case of emergency.)

- You can use the full 48 hours in critical moves, increasing the game's quality and less than 12 hours in obvious moves, so this time control has potential to be faster than the 24 hours time control we're using.

That's why I think the proposed time is better, I'm mainly interested in the "can post the move at any time without giving more time to the opponent" part. What do you think?
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

I like your idea, I will ask my team opinion. :D
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

My internet connection died and I had to attend its funeral. Tech support told me that it's going to be fixed between 2 and 72 hours, I hope to be back soon.

Meanwhile I'd like to confirm our change of captains:

Team Captains (Can post the move at any time):
Dylan Sharp
NATIONAL 2

Emergency Captain (Can only post in emergencies):
Soren Riis

Bye From The Cybercoffe
Dylan
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

About You post about time control for the second game.
I made a poll on team forum site, but I got only 4 answers ( all agreed). I don't know where are my others teammates, so need more time.
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Congratulations on a well-played game. You completely neutralized a line in the Spanish Zaitsev.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Handshake, let's see how do you do with white. :)
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

We'd like to know when is the second game going to start and what will be the time controls.
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

Dylan

Maybe it's worth setting up a game 2 voting thread (sticky) and game comments thread so that Maestro V and Lends can see that we are preparing for game 2.

What do you think?

James
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Oh, this thread is meant to be used for comments about the second game too, I've edited the thread's title. About the other thread, do you mean one to post the moves into it? I think the Russians are meant to create that thread, or we're supposed to create it 48 hours before it's their time to move (As "starting the game clock".)
JEB_Tucson

Post by JEB_Tucson »

Dylan Sharp wrote:Oh, this thread is meant to be used for comments about the second game too, I've edited the thread's title. About the other thread, do you mean one to post the moves into it? I think the Russians are meant to create that thread, or we're supposed to create it 48 hours before it's their time to move (As "starting the game clock".)
Oh....OK. I did not see that discussed and, yes, I did mean the one to post the moves, but, it seems that you have worked that out with the Russians. I do wish that they would at least comment on the time controls. That way I would know if I will take on co-captain or captain duties. Will you be staying as captain regardless of the time controls?
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

JEB_Tucson wrote:it seems that you have worked that out with the Russians.
No, but that's how we've been doing it in past matches. I haven't worked anything with the Russians, I don't know about the time control or when the second game would start.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
JEB_Tucson wrote:it seems that you have worked that out with the Russians.
No, but that's how we've been doing it in past matches. I haven't worked anything with the Russians, I don't know about the time control or when the second game would start.
You are not alone. I don't know also.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

can you get in touch with other members of your team and let us know if you wish to play 48 hrs max from last move and date you wish to start.to clarify one thing in 48 if you move in say 3 hours we have 48 from this move and vice versa,it can speed up the game and neither team should miss a time control.