The Gladiators v Icy Shark Bar (Match Comments)

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:Why? We don't need help to draw when we're completely winning. :mrgreen:
our 16 cores comps don't share this opinion.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

And we thought we were playing a group of GMs. :roll:
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:And we thought we were playing a group of GMs. :roll:
our GM's think that you are trying to make a draw.
NATIONAL12

Post by NATIONAL12 »

Maestro V wrote:
i think you are just making computer moves :(
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Maestro V wrote:
Hi Maestro,
Trying to make a draw has been the last thing on our teams list :) ... We have had some split votes for example many of us wanted to play 10.d3 or at move 18 play 18.axb5 axb5 19.Nd4 I would for one really like to know whay your move would been in reply but democracy rules and we are where we are lol :)

Regards
Tony
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

The Wizard wrote:
Maestro V wrote:
Hi Maestro,
Trying to make a draw has been the last thing on our teams list :) ... We have had some split votes for example many of us wanted to play 10.d3 or at move 18 play 18.axb5 axb5 19.Nd4 I would for one really like to know whay your move would been in reply but democracy rules and we are where we are lol :)

Regards
Tony
Probably ( 85%) after the game one of us GM's will comment it. So you will get your answer after the game
Soren Riis

Post by Soren Riis »

The Wizard wrote:
Hi Maestro,
....zip .... many of us wanted to play 10.d3 or at move 18 play 18.axb5 axb5 19.Nd4

Regards
Tony
I suggest we wait impressing the GMs with these very original suggestions until after the game ;-)
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Maestro V wrote:I had a bus accident. Ps I am fine
I'm glad to read that you're ok.

However, I'd like to know what happened to Lends or the co-captain you've not appointed yet?
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
Maestro V wrote:I had a bus accident. Ps I am fine
I'm glad to read that you're ok.

However, I'd like to know what happened to Lends or the co-captain you've not appointed yet?
I am ok, but my leg hurt a little.
Co-capitain ( Lends and kosmodrom) post only when I warn them, that I cannot post. Normally I was able to post but had a bus accident and on evenings I have only 1 bus per hour, it's why I posted to late.
I think they are sleeping on this time.( cos they probably have 22:00h=1:00h or later depends of the city).
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Maestro V wrote:I think they are sleeping on this time.( cos they probably have 22:00h=1:00h or later depends of the city).
Then it would be a good time to change the time control to one that is more accessible to your co-captains? I suggest 12:00PM official Moscow time, it would be more convenient to me, too.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
Maestro V wrote:I think they are sleeping on this time.( cos they probably have 22:00h=1:00h or later depends of the city).
Then it would be a good time to change the time control to one that is more accessible to your co-captains? I suggest 12:00PM official Moscow time, it would be more convenient to me, too.
12:00 PM ? it's mean 00:00 Moscow ?now the time limit is 00:00 Moscow.
and on the midday everyone is at work.
I think we should keep current time. Next time , if I wouldn't arrive at 20:30 (+1hours for a possible accident + 30 min for others event ) I will say to my team to post instead of me. Sorry again for 15 min late.
It's my 2 accident this year. I never had it in 5 years that I live in Belgium.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Maestro V wrote:Next time , if I wouldn't arrive at 20:30 (+1hours for a possible accident + 30 min for others event ) I will say to my team to post instead of me.
But that would force your team mates to stay up late every 2 days in case of emergency, a better time would be to post the move when you or they wake up.

I'm not arguing about the 15 minutes late, our team didn't claim time forfeit because it was an accident, but I think this time control isn't favoring either team.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
Maestro V wrote:Next time , if I wouldn't arrive at 20:30 (+1hours for a possible accident + 30 min for others event ) I will say to my team to post instead of me.
But that would force your team mates to stay up late every 2 days in case of emergency, a better time would be to post the move when you or they wake up.

I'm not arguing about the 15 minutes late, our team didn't claim time forfeit because it was an accident, but I think this time control isn't favoring either team.
I wake up at 6:30 morning and I will certanly frogot to post or maybe even a wrong post, cos it's Morning.
I have no idea, when they wake up or when they start to work.
They no need to stay up late. If they go to sleep they will not analyse anymore so they can post much earlier.= just look in what time Lends send moves, when he have to do it.
What is your prosition about time control ?
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Maestro V wrote:What is your prosition about time control ?
Since it's at a fixed time of the day, it's important that all captains are available at that time, and I have the impression that only you are available at that time (I have to change my schedule to be at the time control and sometimes it gets hard.)

I'd suggest you ask Lends and kosmodrom at what time they could be available daily, without having to change schedules (such as, without needing to stay up late.) I didn't bring this issue before because I thought this time control was good for your team, but I changed my mind because your co-captains were asleep at the time control hour.
Maestro V

Post by Maestro V »

Dylan Sharp wrote:
Maestro V wrote:What is your prosition about time control ?
Since it's at a fixed time of the day, it's important that all captains are available at that time, and I have the impression that only you are available at that time (I have to change my schedule to be at the time control and sometimes it gets hard.)
I'd suggest you ask Lends and kosmodrom at what time they could be available daily, without having to change schedules (such as, without needing to stay up late.) I didn't bring this issue before because I thought this time control was good for your team, but I changed my mind because your co-captains were asleep at the time control hour.
It's not easy Me, Lends, Kosmdrom lives in different time zone.
My internet connection is the most stable, it's why they prefer me to post.
The game is almost finish, so I think we should continue with 00:00 and change the time for a next game.