Updated ratings lists?

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
TracySMiller

Updated ratings lists?

Post by TracySMiller »

Does anyone know of any rating lists that include the latest dedicateds? The venerable SSDF list doesn't include the DGT Centaur, and just one of the Revelation II engines. The Schach-computer site doesn't include the DGT Centaur either, and only one engine of the Rev. II (and strangely throttled down to 1% of CPU).
paulwise3

Re: Updated ratings lists?

Post by paulwise3 »

TracySMiller wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:15 pm Does anyone know of any rating lists that include the latest dedicateds? The venerable SSDF list doesn't include the DGT Centaur, and just one of the Revelation II engines. The Schach-computer site doesn't include the DGT Centaur either, and only one engine of the Rev. II (and strangely throttled down to 1% of CPU).
Hi Tracy,
At the moment there are about 12 Rev II / Rev II AE engines mentioned on de https://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/i ... -Elo-Liste
It all depends where testers interests lies. Also, Phoenix introduced in the past a number of new versions such as the Revelation II Anniversary Edition, which runs a lot faster then the standard RevII, recently a special version of the AE called Black Edition, and also new Reflection II mudules for the Mephisto Exclusive and München boards, which are even faster.

As for the Centaur, the only level suitable for testing is the highest level, but it does not use the normal tournament level, it moves faster.
One of my dutch chessfriends played a lot of testgames, and also from some others I hear that it's strength would lie around the 2700 - 2800 elo.

Paul.
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
TracySMiller

Post by TracySMiller »

Thanks for all the info! I guess what I meant about the Wiki-Elo-Liste is, where is Revelation II Stockfish, and Rybka, and Shredder, and Toga, etc.?
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

The schachcomputer.info site is mainly interested in the old dedicated chess computers, as far as they stay under 2400 elo.
Btw the RevII also contains Komodo, not sure if Stockfish is on it.
For testing those engine versions you should ask Lars Sandlin I guess. But he might not be interested too. Maybe if Phoenix offered a machine for testing...
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...