I cannot access online books

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Rob Appleby

Post by Rob Appleby »

Ok, but the link you gave above says that the GM+ and 14b books are included in hce with the deep hiarcs license.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Rob Appleby wrote:Ok, but the link you gave above says that the GM+ and 14b books are included in hce with the deep hiarcs license.
Email support I am sure they will help
Patzkopf

GM and GM+ not showing

Post by Patzkopf »

Hello, I got the same issue:

I got HCE deep version, but neither GM nor GM+ books seem to be working.

They are all identical to the local book.

Just re-installed, and re-activated licence.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Eelvelt

Re: I am not able to access the online opening books

Post by Eelvelt »

Eelvelt wrote:Since this morning the online books are not accessible. I renewed the license code and restarted the program but without success. Something wrong with the server?
Het is momenteel weer mis. De online books zijn op dit moment uit de lucht. Graag asap herstellen.
lampcord

Post by lampcord »

I think I'm having the same issue.

Just purchased Deep Hiarcs. Installed and licensed.

GM and GM+ do not show up in my dropdown list of opening books.

Just to confirm, is there an extra step I need to take to get them to show up?

I too was under the impression that they were included in the product purchase. Or do I have that wrong?
Eelvelt

Post by Eelvelt »

lampcord wrote:I think I'm having the same issue.

Just purchased Deep Hiarcs. Installed and licensed.

GM and GM+ do not show up in my dropdown list of opening books.

Just to confirm, is there an extra step I need to take to get them to show up?

I too was under the impression that they were included in the product purchase. Or do I have that wrong?
Hello Lampcord. In deep hiarcs you only have the standard "local opening book". For the online GM++, Tournament and H-Reference books you need an additional license. You then receive a code that should be typed into the field "book license" in Preferences/Advanced. Hope this helps.
floorwax

Post by floorwax »

I have also been having a little trouble with access to the online databases after upgrading from (regular) HIARCS 1.9.2 to 1.9.3 on Windows 10.

[but I should also say that I did not do enough testing to compare the two versions re: this issue to give much statistical weight to this observation]

The 1.9.3 version seems to have trouble connecting with the server when it opens and initializes.

But after it initializes, if I uncheck "use HIARCS server" under Preferences > Advanced > Online Sources, then recheck that box and click OK, that seems to fix it.

Hoping this helps!