Database tools

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

gabeeg

Database tools

Post by gabeeg »

...Well I want most of what everyone else wants above, but right now I feel the DB side needs the most love. I really, really want the ability to have a larger DB (I know you feel it is ample right now to contain all the known "quality" games, but some of us use various DB's some that contain games of potential opponents that are less than masters, or have other statistical curiosities :) ). I would also love to have an easier means of keeping DB's current such as a subscription service or auto import of some of the online services. Along with this I would like to see more tools for merging DB's (duplicate filter, remove annotations,etc.).
Kind Regards,
Harry Miktarian
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

We are including support for unlimited database sizes in the 2. series of HCE along with other DB features.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Hasimir

Post by Hasimir »

Mark Uniacke wrote:We are including support for unlimited database sizes in the 2. series of HCE along with other DB features.
Which db format are you favouring, is it one of the breed of SQL (including sqlite), some ancient horror like BDB or a custom format of your own design? I hope it will also remain as open and accessible as the existing software has proven to be (i.e. the complete opposite of a certain Windows only vendor's product).
OpenPGP/GPG Key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D - BTC address: 18Ua6y7D65QatEDZ36dtWNWpG9Ttrd4eqy