Error message when trying to copy best line to clipboard

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Bauernstreich

Error message when trying to copy best line to clipboard

Post by Bauernstreich »

I don't understand why I get an error message "There is no valid position or game in clipboard", when I copied the best line out of the engine-window in order to paste it into the notation window.
When I open a simple *.txt-file and paste the same content, it works without a problem and I see the best line?

Any help is appreciated!

I did a snapshot to prove:

Image[/img]
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

To copy the best line to the notation you can simply click on the eval/depth shown in blue or red. How you tried that?

Copy best line is to copy a textual string of the eval, depth and line. Clicking the eval/depth is the way to add to notation.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Bauernstreich

Post by Bauernstreich »

I did it via "right mouse-click" getting a window with "Copy best line" or "Copy all lines" and trying to paste it via "Strg/Ctrl+V" into the notation window as known from most of my other chess software. However, doing so I always get the error message described above...

The way you describe, double-clicking the evaluation-number works with the best line, is there also a way to do it with all lines?

Does that mean, that the "right mouse-click-function" is only to copy the lines to other files/chess software and not to use it within Hiarcs Chess Explorer itself?
My test to copy the content to a simple txt-file works via "right mouse-click" both with "best" and "all lines" thus I am just curious why this cannot be used within HCE via "Strg/Ctrl+V" to paste it into the notation window?

Thank you!

Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The approach used in HCE is to click on the eval/depth to add the eval/depth and line to the notation, it is far quicker as it is just one click, rather than lots of keyboard or mouse operations.

Pasting textual lines currently only works if the line is from the opening position. We never expected anyone to want to go through all these steps instead of a single click.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com