Setup Position vs Computer with Variations

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

patrickcox

Setup Position vs Computer with Variations

Post by patrickcox »

Hello,
I am trying to determine if certain functionality exists in Hiarcs Chess Explorer (which I own.) I would like to setup a position, then play that position against the computer and then step back and play other variations of that same position against the computer and save all of the variations in one PGN file. I know I can setup a position and then move both black and white myself and create variations but can I for example try a variation against the computer and if that doesn't work, can I step back to a specific position and start play again against the computer and have each variation saved?

Thanks for your help!

Patrick
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

You can play from any position against the computer.

If you want to play from different positions within the same game this can be done.

If you later want to merge all the games you played against the computer into one PGN this can be done using the Edit->Paste->Merge with current game.

For example, I have an NotesDB with game A I wish to play 3 different positions from, this is what can be done...

1) For each position in notesDB, game A choose Play->From current position.. and play the games
2) You now have 3 played games Game1, 2 & 3 stored in PlayedGamesDB.
3) Select game 1 choose Edit->Copy
4) Click on notesDB tab with game A, select Edit->Paste->Merge with current game

Repeat steps 3 & 4 for games 2 & 3.

You now have game A in your notesDB with all the games merged in one PGN.

You can of course also merge other games from another database or analysis done in another tab.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com