After 1 year book subscription: use of Hiarcs13gBook.ctg?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Frank Rahde

After 1 year book subscription: use of Hiarcs13gBook.ctg?

Post by Frank Rahde »

In the year 2011 I had ordered and used an 1 year book subscription (HIARCS Opening Book).

I possess the book "Hiarcs13gBook.ctg" yet. How can I integrate it into the Deep Chess Explorer?

Maybe I can change the "lokal opening book" that appears in Deep Chess Exporer with my older "Hiarcs13gBook.ctg" that knows more positions (4.036.268 positions) than the Online Book "GM+"?!

Greetings, Frank
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

HIARCS Chess Explorer does not support CTG books.

You can use the HCS books by placing them in the Books folder.

The tournament and huge human reference book is accessed through the Opening Explorer with a book access subscription.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Frank Rahde

Post by Frank Rahde »

Thanks.

I found the old hcs book too. Where is the book folder to replace? I am searching for this folder in den Folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\HIARCS Chess\HIARCS Chess Explorer" but there is no folder for that.

Greetings, Frank
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The Books for Hiarcs 14 go in the Documents/HIARCS Chess/Books folder.

HOWEVER, that is a Hiarcs 13 book and is smaller and weaker than the Hiarcs 14 book (so H14 will prefer its own book) so if you want Hiarcs 13 to use it you need to put it here (on PC):

"C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\HIARCS Chess" - on MS Windows Vista or Windows 7/8
"C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\HIARCS Chess" - on MS Windows XP and earlier.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Frank Rahde

Post by Frank Rahde »

Hi Mark,

okay, you have convinced me to order a new HIARCS Chess Opening Book Subscription via paypal. Done. 8)

Greetings, Frank