Finding my way with Deep Explorer for Mac

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Fat and Mad

Finding my way with Deep Explorer for Mac

Post by Fat and Mad »

Hello,

I've just switched to Hiarcs. As a Mac user I'm hopeful that the dedicated Mac OS version will make life easier. It's early days and on the whole I've found the experience promising, but there are few things I would have thought would have been intuitive, but I can't seem to fathom yet.

1) How do I select multiple games at once while in the database window
2) I've imported a small database from chessbase in PGN format, however the date format in the database window is inexplicably US style despite the settings on my Mac being UK
3) The window that shows the analysis engine's calculations will not expand. Hence the most lines I can view at any time is 2.
4) Is there a way I can change the header data for multiple games at a time? The conversion from CBH to PGN has mysteriously sabotaged some of the header info and it would be great if I could fix several games at once.

Many thanks in advance for your help

F&M
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Answering your questions:
1) How do I select multiple games at once while in the database window

This is not possible using multiple selections by mouse, why do you need to do this?

2) I've imported a small database from chessbase in PGN format, however the date format in the database window is inexplicably US style despite the settings on my Mac being UK

The date format is the PGN standard, it is YYYY.MM.DD.

3) The window that shows the analysis engine's calculations will not expand. Hence the most lines I can view at any time is 2.

You can adjust the height and width of the Analysis Explorer, please refer to the configuring the engine video (Help->Help videos).

4) Is there a way I can change the header data for multiple games at a time? The conversion from CBH to PGN has mysteriously sabotaged some of the header info and it would be great if I could fix several games at once.

That is not currently possible, but it would be a useful feature where another program has messed up a set of games.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Fat and Mad

Post by Fat and Mad »

Thanks for the reply, Mark

I think this is all OK.

For (1), I've recreated the functionality I need by applying a filter first and then selecting the filtered games. I have a lot of databases and I ocassionally like to copy games into new or existing ones.

For (2)+(4) - thank you and noted.

For (3), I found the little dot that expands the engine window. All good there now.