Engine options revert to defaults

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

chrka

Engine options revert to defaults

Post by chrka »

Hi!

I'm on HCE 1.6 on OS X Mavericks. When I try to change the book mode (of Hiarcs) from Tournament to Wild, and playing style to aggressive the options revert back to the default values.

Regards,
Christoffer
chrka

Post by chrka »

This is strange. After restarting HCE twice it seems as if the options have been set after all.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I am not aware of an issue in this area with v1.6 and I cannot reproduce this issue.

Please contact me if this happens with the steps required to reproduce and we can investigate, but at present I can see no issue.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
chrka

Post by chrka »

Ok, I think I found a way to reproduce what happened, turns out it wasn't related to restarting HCE:

To change engine settings: Go into Preferences > Engines tab and click Configure… with an engine selected. Change eg. the book settings and click Ok. Then click Ok again to exit the preferences dialogue and update settings. This works fine.

However, if you do the same but after you have changed the book options once you click Configure… again, the options will have reverted:

Go into Preferences > Engines tab and click Configure… with an engine selected. Change eg. the book settings and click Ok. Click Configure… then the options have reverted. Then click Ok again to exit the preferences dialogue and update settings. This does not work.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

Regards,
Christoffer
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Thanks.

The Preferences are only applied when the Ok or Apply button in the Preferences dialog is clicked. Any changes in Preferences are temporary until they are applied in this way. However, I agree it should remember the potentially temporary changes to the engine options while the preferences dialog is open.

This is fixed in v1.7 so you will see that fix after Christmas.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com