Hints suddenly lightning-fast

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

DavidB

Hints suddenly lightning-fast

Post by DavidB »

With HIARCS 1.6 (OS X 10.8.5), suddenly File > Hint flashes by so fast you can hardly see it.

Is there a setting somewhere to change it back to the normal behavior?

Thank you,

David
Eric Wainwright

Post by Eric Wainwright »

Besides hints, the book opening moves during engine matches are a lot faster in v1.6 too. They don't seem to be connected to the new Preferences > Appearance > Reply Animation option either.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The hint is displayed at the speed of the animation setting as set in the Preferences->Appearances dialog.

I think we will slow the hint animation down in the next version, it is too fast unless the animation preference is on slow.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Thank you for the tip--I wouldn't have thought to look there for the preference. Setting the slider about half-way is fine for me.

By the way, does the animation now seem to slow down as the piece reaches the final square, or was it that way before? (I think it would be better if the speed were uniform.)

David
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Yes the animation does slow down as the piece is placed on the destination square, the intention was to make it more realistic with physical play. I am not sure if this apporach is liked as much as a uniform speed of animation.

Of course this is only noticeable on the slower animation settings.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

If you are soliciting opinions, I would vote to return to the previous behavior, which for me had the advantage of not calling attention to itself.

Thank you,

David
hana

Post by hana »

I would also vote for the uniform animation speed. But it may be just because I am not used to this new movement.